Quantcast

Wisp race info?

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
Were they planning on building a new one? If so, I havn't seen a touch of work yet and I'm up there all the time.

*EDIT* Whoa, you're in Morgantown? Same here :evil:

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Yeah im in morgantown, pm me your number or stop by whitetail on the wharf if you want to ride.....as far as the course the old one was torn down a long time ago at least the last half...the first half was a joke anyway.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
yeah been busy with work and getting everything ready for racing with soul cycles....missed you at blue knob....I here you havent ate s#$t bad lately...whats up with that? You used to be mr. consistency sp? at that...see you at wisp

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So is the course different this year?

and do you think that my buddy could make it out there on a Specialized Enduro? He's pretty nutty on that thing, he does 5ish foot drops and other stuff the bike is not meant for. I think he could probably do it, what do you guys think?

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
I got a call from Mike Hartlove earlier this week and he said that the DH course would be the same as last year.

As for the 4x and DS course, he didn't say.

He did say that he would be there this weekend working on the course(s) (Saturday, Sunday, once again, didn't say) and would be glad to show anyone around the course layouts.

I rode what I believe to be last year's DH course this past weekend (the course with the G-out entering the lower woods section followed by the table-top) and it was in pretty good shape. The course that I rode was the one that someone posted as a helmet-cam video in another WISP thread in this forum.

The lift's were running as of 10:00AM, and stop running at 3:00PM according to the folks at the Adventure Center. All-day lift ticket price was $20.00.

A word of warning to all of you bike polisher's out there, the hook on the chair will ABSOLUTELY chew up the paint job on the rear-triangle/swingarm. My recommendation is to hold your precious beauty away from the jaws of this hook if you want to preserve your paint-job.

I'm stoked !! If this is in fact the actual race course, it should be an all out sprint !!! :drool:

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA !!!!!!