Quantcast

WISP race questions?

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Does anyone have any info on what's going on with the next race?

The Wisp post above says the race is on Saturday. It sounded like it was on Sunday when they talked about moving the MAC race there.

Has Racer's Edge put out any info yet?

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
ChrisKring said:
Does anyone have any info on what's going on with the next race?

The Wisp post above says the race is on Saturday. It sounded like it was on Sunday when they talked about moving the MAC race there.

Has Racer's Edge put out any info yet?
Racer's Edge is racing at Wisp.....?.......they have in the past but the venue's this year are Massanuuten, Whitetail, Blue Knob, and Bear Creek...

Wisp is running their own series this year.......

edit: Blue knob was switched to Wisp...!?....really disappointed to hear that.....

Aight y'all here's what I know...or at least good rumors....

Blue Knob is out...most of you already knew that. Wisp is back in for the MAC. DH practice Sat, race Sun. DS on sat. DS course WILL be dope...anyone remember the 4X course?? Probibly gonna be in the same palce. DH will be flowy and rocky. Probibly NOT the same one from the first race. Timing/results issues WILL be squared away. Racer's Edge has learned from Whitetail. Go-karts after the race?? 50 track??? Remeber to bring enough beer, Garrett Co is dry on Sun.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
KD1569 said:
Remeber to bring enough beer, Garrett Co is dry on Sun.
i'm not going around begging for PBR with you this time since i ran out of beer very early :banghead: the cooler shall be well stocked with 'fine' brew!

PS: you can get 30 packs of PBR at the BBQ shack off mountaindale road for $15! :devil:

whale said:
i'm not going around begging for PBR with you this time since i ran out of beer very early :banghead: the cooler shall be well stocked with 'fine' brew!

Sandbaggers shouldn't get anything better than PBR!!!!!

AS for camping, Swallow Falls is 'bout 20mins from the resort. Super-cool campground. Fire pits and picnic table. Ranger only come 'round once in a blue moon. No showers, Lotsa spce betwix sites. I would reccomend.

Yes since Racer's Edge is putting on the event it will be a MAC race.

KD1569
Cyclist

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Is it also still part of the Wisp series?
I won beginner at the last one, 'cause I was the only beginner, and I am hoping to keep the streak alive...

Now I am conflicted. Do I go to Nationals, miss Dark Mountain and Wisp, and maybe be home in time to ride Snowshoe next go, or do I skip Nationals, hit all three races, and put my travel money into some new armor and maybe some functional brake pads?

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
KD1569 said:
Aight y'all here's what I know...or at least good rumors....

Blue Knob is out...most of you already knew that. Wisp is back in for the MAC. DH practice Sat, race Sun. DS on sat. DS course WILL be dope...anyone remember the 4X course?? Probibly gonna be in the same palce. DH will be flowy and rocky. Probibly NOT the same one from the first race. Timing/results issues WILL be squared away. Racer's Edge has learned from Whitetail. Go-karts after the race?? 50 track??? Remeber to bring enough beer, Garrett Co is dry on Sun.

I think I heard that the 4x course was moved. And that is not the same. Eric R can you clear this up?

Missle,

Mikey said they were gonna move the track in front of the lodge, and he was getting dirt to do so soon. I can remember from years past how anal Wisp was with their slopes. So wether that happens remains to be seen. The old track was good yes?? I'm just gonna start raking where-ever Hartlove tells me to. But in the meantime I'll call the Recker and try to find out more info. As for the park, I would assume you can ride the entire mtn. with the lift pass/number plate you get at registration. The only exception would be the DH course during the race.

KD1569
Cyclist

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
does anyone know is the old DS/mtx track from last season still alive? I'd like to come ride it, it was a really fun course

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Some details still to be ironed out. Looks like Dual on Sat. and DH on Sun. with practice both days. Races will count for both MAC and Wisp series and will officially be the Maryland State Championship. All will be confirmed and updated via www.racersegeonline.com by the end of the week.