Quantcast

Wisp/Racer's Edge improvements..

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Maybe some rollers could be put in next year. I know NORBA doesn't like them, but I think they are pretty fun....

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
First, I'd like to say the progression of the trails was awesome this summer, I rode there almost every weekend and it got better every time I went. If ya haven't been there it's great and only getting better, due to the hard work of a group of motivated riders wielding shovels, saws and skid steers.

Some skinnies/ladders and other wood features. Must be varied enough for all skill levels.

A wooden wall ride

Another technical dh trail like terrapin

put a berm on that 90 degree turn on the sunday course just before it meets up with high roller

build a couple tables like the old high roller line that was closed due to mtn coaster.

topless hotties on the mountain coaster

a set of doubles gapers can clear

bike wash station

A trail like the buffed out 7springs trail. with those long table tops at the bottom under the lift would be sweet

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
First, I'd like to say the progression of the trails was awesome this summer, I rode there almost every weekend and it got better every time I went. If ya haven't been there it's great and only getting better, due to the hard work of a group of motivated riders wielding shovels, saws and skid steers.

I probably know you, I'm Paul, ride a bighit, who are you?

I'm Paul I ride a bighit. One leg is longer than the other, that's why I run 170/175mm cranks. I like long trips to the ER, splints, 40oz of steel reserve, and donated somberios. Sometimes I like to immitate the RADDEST rider on the planet by saying "turn your bicycle" in an Austrailian accent. I also work for Racer's Edge, after Hartlove picked me up at a day labor center in Herndon.

:imstupid:

Dave Kalt
Cyclist

PS

I might have a turkey sandwhich for lunch TODAY!!!!!!!

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm Paul I ride a bighit. One leg is longer than the other, that's why I run 170/175mm cranks. I like long trips to the ER, splints, 40oz of steel reserve, and donated somberios. Sometimes I like to immitate the RADDEST rider on the planet by saying "turn your bicycle" in an Austrailian accent. I also work for Racer's Edge, after Hartlove picked me up at a day labor center in Herndon.

Dave Kalt
Cyclist

PS

I might have a turkey sandwhich for lunch TODAY!!!!!!!
well don't worry, I went through the procedure to fix the crank problem....and the last time I broke something, I completely refused a trip to the hospital. Doctors are overrated.

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
Hey Paul, you should take a trip to Morgantown, gonna have a dirt jumper built in the next week or so.

Hope that shoulder healed up allright.

Last edited:

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
well don't worry, I went through the procedure to fix the crank problem....and the last time I broke something, I completely refused a trip to the hospital. Doctors are overrated.
Last time I hurt myslef Dave had to get up at 7:00 AM to pick me up at the top of the mountain and drive me to the hospital ... :busted: :poster_oops: ... ( i gave that axe away btw :) )

P.s. I had a Hot $natch sandwich at 2:30 AM after i left the Full Moon Bar in Baltimore. Damn things are expensive though. Since when did the price go up to 4 long Island Ice teas and a Yeager bomb.! ? :busted:

(just a figment of your imagination)

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
[Tha]Shovla;2766804 said:
Last time I hurt myslef Dave had to get up at 7:00 AM to pick me up at the top of the mountain and drive me to the hospital ... :busted: :poster_oops: ... ( i gave that axe away btw :) )

P.s. I had a Hot $natch sandwich at 2:30 AM after i left the Full Moon Bar in Baltimore. Damn things are expensive though. Since when did the price go up to 4 long Island Ice teas and a Yeager bomb.! ? :busted:

(just a figment of your imagination)
I live literally across the street from the full moon.

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
I live literally across the street from the full moon.

OH YEAH ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ? ?

Well during the months of November - March 1 if you venture into the moon any friday or saturday after 10:00 and look for a tall, thin, white kid (24ish yr old) with shaggy brown hair and glasses, wearing black 661 shoes, Pin shriped chef pants, a Sam Adams in his hand looking totally disheveld and unaware of his surroundings always on the outter deck, usually @ Deb's bar on the lower part of the deck (the blond bartender) ... That kid would be me. :) Introduce yourself and make conversation ... My name is Josh BTW. Should you look for me there after March 1 or before Halloween ... you wont find me. Its against my religion to hit up the moon during the season. AND if you are not doing anything Wednesday night its the Full Moons X-Mas party. Guaranteed Party. Guaranteed **** SHOW ! ! ! ! Catch u either on a bike or a buzz. :monkeydance::busted:

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
[Tha]Shovla;2767441 said:
OH YEAH ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ? ?

Well during the months of November - March 1 if you venture into the moon any friday or saturday after 10:00 and look for a tall, thin, white kid (24ish yr old) with shaggy brown hair and glasses, wearing black 661 shoes, Pin shriped chef pants, a Sam Adams in his hand looking totally disheveld and unaware of his surroundings always on the outter deck, usually @ Deb's bar on the lower part of the deck (the blond bartender) ... That kid would be me. :) Introduce yourself and make conversation ... My name is Josh BTW. Should you look for me there after March 1 or before Halloween ... you wont find me. Its against my religion to hit up the moon during the season. AND if you are not doing anything Wednesday night its the Full Moons X-Mas party. Guaranteed Party. Guaranteed **** SHOW ! ! ! ! Catch u either on a bike or a buzz. :monkeydance::busted:
I'm 17, but if the boss is cool...

But really, come help dig trails in those woods across 140. I can't do it all by myself.

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
I'm 17, but if the boss is cool...

But really, come help dig trails in those woods across 140. I can't do it all by myself.
No, i cant promote underage on the web.

Trails you say? digging? Interesting. When the season gets a little closer you will have to PM me and give me the lowdown on the trails. Im always looking for another place to dig and hang out But with the weather the way its been i dont see any digging going on for a while. I didnt realise there was anything in that area. what are you creating?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
[Tha]Shovla;2767776 said:
No, i cant promote underage on the web.

Trails you say? digging? Interesting. When the season gets a little closer you will have to PM me and give me the lowdown on the trails. Im always looking for another place to dig and hang out But with the weather the way its been i dont see any digging going on for a while. I didnt realise there was anything in that area. what are you creating?
Underage what? I was thinking free iced tea :disgust1:

In the woods by the resivoir there are lots of fire trails. I've started a few jumps and stuff, but I usually lose motivation working all by my lonesome, and have never finished a full trail. I'd like to do some dj's, and a dh/freeridey trail. Theres plenty of room thanks to the guvment.

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Less B***hing and more Riding people
There are so many double standards in this quote its not even funny. Read original post about meeting @ bar ... I.E. no riding from November - March ... Called off season. Likewize meerly by posting you are calling yourself a hypoctrite ... moreover ... ITS RIDEMONKEY ! ! ! (god dmn e-bullies)

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
the cesspool that is carrol county?
Yes ... The Cesspool that is Carroll County ! ! !

And HANDOCalrissean needs to take himself less seriously .. its an ONLINE forum/blog about something that takes place OUTDOORS ! ! ! Nothing that occurs anywhere on the screen you are looking at matters :twitch::disgust1:

Wow im kinda angry today ... Guess thats the off-season for you ... back to work :imstupid::poster_oops::plthumbsdown:

If u knew Lando, like I know Lando................

You'd know that he was also picked up at a day labour center by Hartlove.

Not being too serious............unless I'm on the trainer, or in the gym, where everyone else should be in the off season.

Dave Kalt
Cyclist

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
If u knew Lando, like I know Lando................

You'd know that he was also picked up at a day labour center by Hartlove.

Not being too serious............unless I'm on the trainer, or in the gym, where everyone else should be in the off season.

Dave Kalt
Cyclist

:poster_oops: looks like my ego got let out of the bag there for a minute ... :busted:

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
gotta love these mtber's with their "off-seasons"

I'm serious can't you tell? grrrrrrrrrrr now im mad.
I do like the off season because it allows my body to heal from 8 months of abusive falls, and i get to hang out with the non riding community and just chill out for a bit.

What i dont like is being cooped up in my office for 5 days in row for 8 hours each day working with Chocholate, Gingerbread and pulled sugar to make the craziest gingerbread house you have ever seen.

Makes me antsy in my pants, had to direct my pent up agression somewhere :poster_oops: