Quantcast

Wolfhound worship bastard lovebaby thread

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
OK, this will be the last update before you see the final build post!!!!

Seat stay progression w/ internal cable routing:

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

richpips

Chimp
Jun 6, 2007
A thing of beauty no doubt.

There'd be tire clearance issues over here in the (muddy) uk though.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Congrats Jay, I think you have the entire MTBR and Ridemonkey collective drooling and anticipating every single update we can possible see on this bike. This beauty is a piece of 29er history imo. I was really worried about you going with a completely plain stealth finish. I have to say I think this finish is perfect in every way and fits your style and stable nicely.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
...just spoke to fred & I think we can get it in the mail mon or tues...i will have it in hand by fri latest (hopefully). Build pics will be about 30 minutes after that :D

Aquaholic

Chimp
Jan 5, 2004
Noble Canyon
Looks Bass-boatish.

And....AND....what's with that Pam Anderson tribal crap?

"Barbwire Tattoo Designs - The barbwire tattoo is a tattoo design that first came out of prison culture, then it was adopted in Latino culture in Southern California, was then co-opted by modern tribal tattoo genre artists..."

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the paint pictures are pretty badass. i don't think the build pics will impress me as much. i can't imagine how much time he spent making those stencils. damn.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
the paint pictures are pretty badass. i don't think the build pics will impress me as much. i can't imagine how much time he spent making those stencils. damn.
...he didn't spend much time making the stencils because I designed all the art & emailed him the vector file...Keith has a plotter & it cuts the masking according to the art I sent...he does have to "weed" out the extra vinyl afterwards...probably took about 10 minutes.
This pic shows him "Weeding", you can't see it, but the vinyl has already been cut...he just has to remove the part he doesn't want to use.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
...after reading my response, I need to add...

I am not taking anything away from Keith. He is a very talented individual who is very meticulous. I was simply stating that his time was spent perfecting the finish rather than hand cutting the mask ;)

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
got my wolfhound over a year ago, thankfully! I am really looking forward to seeing this one built. fred is an evil genius.......