Quantcast

woman drivers

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Aww, come on now, tmx. Would you read my custom title and please try not to infringe on my job responsibilities? :cheers:
I question that custom title. But if you want me to crawl back in the cave so as not to disrupt the little party being thrown at my gender's expense....I will comply.

Carry on "gentlemen".

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I question that custom title. But if you want me to crawl back in the cave so as not to disrupt the little party being thrown at my gender's expense....I will comply.

Carry on "gentlemen".
Woah now... I think you misunderstood. My comment was intended to signify that your post was very poignant and reasonable, and was indeed "the voice of reason" in an otherwise ranting (or joking) thread.

Sorry if it wasn't worded well.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Yeah, it turned into that but BV didn't seem to like my contribution.

(backing into the cave now...)

edit: CRAPPER!!!! Goll durnnit I'm a chode. Sorry BV.

(okay, now I'm running back into the cave! haha.)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Jason, would you have posted if it was a man? What would you have said? We always welcome stupid driver rants.

Both sexes are equally dangerous, and there are plenty of good drivers of each gender. I'll go on a limb and make the sexist comment that around here it's typically women who do the stupid, clueless moves, as if they are completely unaware of what's going on around them, and men who do the aggressive, jackass fast and furious kind of moves, as if they know perfectly well what's going on around them but don't care. In either case, it's self-centered and dangerous.

Just drive defensively.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This thread reminds me of Manziman's "I'm not racist but I hit a Mexican today" thread.
Now there was a trainwreck of a thread...

TMX, you're a marked woman. I'm going to make it my life's ambition to ruin you. You'll never work in this country again.

:happydance:

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I was smashed into by a woman in a jeep cherokee. Rear ended yesterday at a busy intersection.

I was on a motorcycle. I'm still alive. The bike is still rideable, but I have to get it checked out. Her bumper wedged between my tire and seat. She reversed and it ripped right off, leaving the piece wedged.

I'm lucky I didn't fly off.

Her response to my question "Didn't you see me?" was "Yeah I saw you, I thought you were going to go"

We were in traffic. Where was I going to go?

Not saying women are bad drivers, just that she was a bad driver.

Now I'm dealing with insurance fun. Wheeeee!

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I was smashed into by a woman in a jeep cherokee. Rear ended yesterday at a busy intersection.

I was on a motorcycle. I'm still alive. The bike is still rideable, but I have to get it checked out. Her bumper wedged between my tire and seat. She reversed and it ripped right off, leaving the piece wedged.

Her response to my question "Didn't you see me?" was "Yeah I saw you, I thought you were going to go"

I love the fact that she backed up. She thought that was a good idea with you ON the bike? Brilliant!

I was sitting on a Kawasaki H1 in a parking lot back when that was a hot bike and suddenly found myself moving forward at about 30 MPH - the engine wasn't running, so I found this somewhat puzzling. I braked to a stop, looked behind me and spotted the UPS truck that had backed into me.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
I was sitting on a Kawasaki H1 in a parking lot back when that was a hot bike and suddenly found myself moving forward at about 30 MPH - the engine wasn't running, so I found this somewhat puzzling. I braked to a stop, looked behind me and spotted the UPS truck that had backed into me.
Wow- you used to ride a H1 and are still around to tell about it. Good job!

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
what gets me is that here in the states insurance is higher for teenage boy's than teenage girls, and girls get in more traffic accidents and get pulled over for speeding more often! WTF?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
what gets me is that here in the states insurance is higher for teenage boy's than teenage girls, and girls get in more traffic accidents and get pulled over for speeding more often! WTF?
they probably do get in more accidents, but every single street racing story* that has a bad ending has only involved teenage boys.

One fatal accident costs an insurance company a lot more than probably 100 fender benders. (guessing)

* that I've heard... and I've heard many of them.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
This is about all i could find, it shows that men are in less accidents but the ones they are in are more severe, i guess thats why it's like that DAM IT!

Why men are better than women
Although men are three times more likely than women to be killed in car crashes, researchers at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Public Health in Baltimore, in the US, have found that female drivers are involved in slightly more crashes than men per mile driven. Overall, men were involved in 5.1 crashes per million miles driven compared to 5.7 crashes for women, despite the fact that on average they drove 74 per cent more miles per year than women.

There is much speculation about the female sense of orientation. Studies show that women, being right-brained, have overall poorer spatial perception, making them less able to judge distances and angles for parallel parking.

While insurance companies are pretty much unanimous in saying young, overconfident men in their teens and early 20s are the most dangerous drivers, the gender imbalance reverses above the age of 37, after which men are considered safer drivers with lower annual premiums. Performance Direct marketing director Matthew Collett says: "These figures underline what a great many men already believe. We were keen to reveal the true facts to a motoring public that is constantly barraged with insurance advertising indicating that insurance companies only want to cover women because they are better risks. This is not the case. Driving experience is the key factor in this debate. Once men have enough experience and have rid themselves of their youthful bravura, they are, according to the statistics and all things being equal, better insurance risks."

When it comes to first-time passers of their driving test, men are just ahead of women. Forty-six per cent of men pass their test first time, compared with only 40 per cent of women. The majority of examiners are male.

Man (driver): "Is it right here or left?" Silence. Her finger hovers uncertainly over the road atlas. Man (slightly testily): "So which way is it?" More silence. She refuses to meet his eye. Man: "We can't wait here any longer. We're holding up the traffic." Woman (passenger): "Well, I think we're on this page."

Women tend to react very badly to the allegation that they can't find their way around. "Of course I can read a map," they declare indignantly. "I just got distracted for a second. Have you seen the jacket that woman's wearing?" But science is unequivocal on the question. The ability to visualise three-dimensional space that is essential to map-reading is controlled from a part of the brain's right hemisphere and this is less developed in women. Some scientists believe this is due to our prehistoric origins, when men would follow herds of animals for days while women stayed at home keeping the cave tidy.

Most women barely know how to fill their motor up with petrol (or God forbid, stick in petrol when it takes diesel), let alone how to change a wheel, open the bonnet, check the oil and water levels and jump-start a car. For women, it's a device to get from A to B. For men it is a beautiful machine.

There are no female Formula One racing drivers, and David Coulthard, who once famously crashed his Mercedes in Monaco before a race with two air stewardesses as passengers, insists women can't drive. He told a Slovak newspaper: "As far as I'm concerned, it's a question of genetics. You buy little boys a tractor to play with and little girls a doll. Try it the other way and it just doesn't work."

A fellow bought a new Mercedes convertible and was out on the motorway for a nice evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through his hair and he decided to open it up. As the speedometer jumped up to 80mph, he suddenly saw a flashing red and blue light behind him. "There's no way they can catch a Mercedes," he thought to himself, and opened it up further. The speedometer hit 90, 100 110 and finally 120mph with the lights still behind him. "What on earth am I doing?" he thought and pulled over. The policeman came up to him, took his licence without a word and examined it and the car. "I've had a tough shift and this is my last pull-over. I don't feel like more paperwork so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before you can go," said the policeman. "Last week, my wife ran off with a copper, and I was afraid you were trying to give her back," the man said. "Have a nice night," said the officer.

Jeremy Clarkson says he read that 17 per cent of women drivers have never driven unaccompanied on the motorway. "So what?" was his response. "They actually like having a bloke in the passenger seat offering helpful hints at the top of his voice."

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Im not trying to be sexist but are you lot missing the part of the brain where the common sense is located, so im coming down the dual carriage way and im in the right(fast) lane doing 60-65mph and im coming up to this corsa in the left(SLOW) lane which is doing 55-60mph and i get to within 4 cars lenght of her, and what does she do pulls in to my lane no indacator nothing and im there both feet on the brake warning lights galore going off engine cuts out some kind of safety thing that cuts in and what does she do she just drives on like nothing has happend, so i pull over make sure everyting is ok and set off again about 15 mins later i caught up with her and well i think i used every swear word know to man.

my rant of the week
AHA... so Agent 52241 has completed her mission...

Good to know. I'll continue activating the cells.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
let's think about this...

he's sexist.

he's solely blaming women drivers.

I'm sure you've heard that line that goes "the only thing that's constant in your failed relationships is you"

it's UKjason.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
well i work as a bus conductor, now i work with a female bus driver, she has got common sense.
ok anyway, so this stupid bint pulls out infront of a full bus as we were passing this side road that has a 'give way' sign, sooo we skid to a very slow stop, we finally stop litterally a foot away from her driver door, my driver leans forward with this disgusted look on her face, and she shouts out very loudly so the whole bus hears it, "ITS A F***ing WOMAN!!!!! GET THE F*** OUT OF THE WAY YOU STUPID BINT!!!! BLOODY TYPICAL!!!"
the woman in the car didnt even attempt to look right as she pulled out, too busy yapping with her friend, she looked up in horror, laughed and drove off.
i felt like jumping out of the bus, opening the car drivers door, taking the keys out of the ignition, and throwing them as far as i bloody could, people like that should not be let out on the road.:banghead:

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon

Hope that you are okay. Funny, but that is EXACTLY what happened to me about 29 years ago. The response was identical. Maybe the same woman:brow:?

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
i suspect there wouldn't have been a problem if you redcoats just drove on the right side of the frikkin' carriageway.