Quantcast

Women in Wombats

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I say it's unnatural, disgraceful, and should not be permitted in civilized society. Any other opinions?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
from their clinics link:
Instant Finesse™
Mountain Bike Clinics
Details​
Who: All classes taught by the legendary Old Bat, Jaccquie Phelan, a racer with a 14 year pro career and no broken bones, and enough dusty prizes and awards to impress and baffle the modern Pro rider who's never heard of her.
What:

Level 1: For honest-to-goddess beginners. One must know how to steer a bike, but that's about it. Courage not required, just the bike, ma'am. Learn Phelan's much-copied (if inadequately patented) "Inner Chicken Respect" techniques, as well as how to safely read trails without distraction, hop curbs without discouragement, and impress the wildlife with one's physique. Also learn the critical rules by which we share the trails, how not to colonize the entire fire road on group rides, etc...Master the tricks & tropes en route to Level 2.

Level 2: students have either proof of having taken Level 1 or can sail through this quick quiz: How long can you do a track stand? Curbs bother you? Been to a race (not necessary)?
next time i'm in the bay area i'll work on my curb-hucking chops.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, once I was done with the clever wordplay I had to wonder how it would actually be interpreted...I was thinking something like that...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
She took her 225lbs husband out with a high heel. She might be just the candidate to be the US army's first female infantryman.
I can see it now - the Army is going to get into all kinds of trouble because they're only going to allow unattractive surly women into combat infantry roles.... :D

I'd get in a foxhole with Tawny. :thumb:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
it's Tauntaun.

I actually had a hell of a time figuring out what they were called, and then how to spell it correctly.

There's your Star Wars geek knowledge of the day.

Tauntaun.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
it's Tauntaun.

I actually had a hell of a time figuring out what they were called, and then how to spell it correctly.

There's your Star Wars geek knowledge of the day.

Tauntaun.
That's the first thing I typed into google.

It corrected me with tawn tawn.........which is obviously superior because it emotes a whitesnake video.

Stoopit woman. Can't even follow google, how are we supposed to trust you on the battlefield?

Comes the time when the young jedi must be saved from hypothermia and you get all caught up in semantics.