Quantcast

>>> Woo Thursday hoO <<<

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Hello from Ajo, AZ! Rode my bike around checking shit out the last couple days. Interesting place. The copper mine closed so they decided to revitalize through art. Anywho, I'm still alive and haven't been kidnapped by a drug cartel.
Which direction are you heading from there? I'm East in Tucson. @Katz up in Kingman. @Tantrum Cycles will be in Phoenix tomorrow. Do we need to have a Mini Monkeyfest?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Wrong! The biscuits at Tupelo Honey are made from pre-mixed Sysco batter.

However, the sweet potato pancakes are legit and the cooks have to sign a non disclosure agreement to keep the recipe secret.
for real? I remember them being wonderful but this was prolly 12 years ago easy.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Which direction are you heading from there? I'm East in Tucson. @Katz up in Kingman. @Tantrum Cycles will be in Phoenix tomorrow. Do we need to have a Mini Monkeyfest?
A friend in Phx asked me if I want to go to Sedona MTB fest, but I declined. Not inclined to pay to ride my bike, and the traffic is already bad enough on regular weekends, both on road and trails. And every time I demo new bikes, I end up buying a new bike in the following months - unaffordabru right now.

Will drive to meet you guys any other day, though. Just give me enough advance notice so I can come home in time.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
We're gonna explore Bisbee, Tombstone and then be in Tucson for some time riding, drinking, hiking and visiting my parents.
Let me know when you're in town.

A friend in Phx asked me if I want to go to Sedona MTB fest, but I declined. Not inclined to pay to ride my bike, and the traffic is already bad enough on regular weekends, both on road and trails. And every time I demo new bikes, I end up buying a new bike in the following months - unaffordabru right now.

Will drive to meet you guys any other day, though. Just give me enough advance notice so I can come home in time.
Don't blame ya. And hopefully we can work something out.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Flying to NYC tomorrow and then funeral Monday. Will be sad but really happy I get the chance to go and I will get some bonus time with my best buddy in NYC too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Son of a motherfuck... Just did my taxes and the stupid fucking tax bill ended up with me owing +$5000 and getting an underpayment penalty because the change to withholding rates. My effective rate dropped by 4%, so I can't complain about that, but son of a bitch having to pay more out of pocket is annoying as fuck. I'd much rather have a $200 less each pay cycle and not get slapped in the balls for +$5000. Coincidentally, the amount I'm short is the amount they changed withholding rates...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Son of a motherfuck... Just did my taxes and the stupid fucking tax bill ended up with me owing +$5000 and getting an underpayment penalty because the change to withholding rates. My effective rate dropped by 4%, so I can't complain about that, but son of a bitch having to pay more out of pocket is annoying as fuck. I'd much rather have a $200 less each pay cycle and not get slapped in the balls for +$5000. Coincidentally, the amount I'm short is the amount they changed withholding rates...
This is where being married to a CPA whose job is managing corporate taxes and ours is nice. she tweaked our withholding from our paychecks in anticipation. We ended up getting a 75% reduction of our refund but no checks got cut to uncle sam or the state still the GOP can go fuck themselves with the BS tax reform that they passed

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Thieves I tell ya. Ruth's TDI needed an oil change and fuel filter change. the VW dealer wanted a stupid fucking amount it would have been over $500. Got the oil and filter from the auto parts store for under $70 and done for a $25 labor fee at the local oil change place. they wanted $250 at VW to change the fuel filter....Hello that's a $70 filter and the time it took me to unscrew 5 torkhead cap screws, pull the filter, drop in a new one, fill the canister with diesel and replace the lid and capsrews...maybe 10 minutes

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got rear ended by a coworker on the way out of work today.

Coincidentally I was on my way to the Triumph dealer with a high likelyhood of purchasing a used Tiger 800 XCA.

I have gotten rid of all my previous motorcycles after near death experiences on the road. That incident has me thinking that spending my motorcycle money on hookers and blow may be a better idea.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thieves I tell ya. Ruth's TDI needed an oil change and fuel filter change. the VW dealer wanted a stupid fucking amount it would have been over $500. Got the oil and filter from the auto parts store for under $70 and done for a $25 labor fee at the local oil change place. they wanted $250 at VW to change the fuel filter....Hello that's a $70 filter and the time it took me to unscrew 5 torkhead cap screws, pull the filter, drop in a new one, fill the canister with diesel and replace the lid and capsrews...maybe 10 minutes
The Infiniti is under warranty and I intend on not having to fight that in case any issues arise, so I have the dealer do a lot of the simple maintenance work. My gfy to them is by buying OEM parts and having them install. There is no mark-up so I only end up getting hit with up-priced labor. My oil changes went from $90 total with my own oil down to $55 total with my own parts and oil. It's not a ton, but it adds up.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
The Infiniti is under warranty and I intend on not having to fight that in case any issues arise, so I have the dealer do a lot of the simple maintenance work. My gfy to them is by buying OEM parts and having them install. There is no mark-up so I only end up getting hit with up-priced labor. My oil changes went from $90 total with my own oil down to $55 total with my own parts and oil. It's not a ton, but it adds up.
VW wanted $80 for the fuel filter and the rest in jacked up labor I mean it's not like the damn thing isn't super easy to get to, that's it with the 3 hoses in the cap

IMG_20190221_182108537.jpg

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just got back from the skatepark. it's so awesome. I'm a total hack, but today I went from sucking up the lips, to popping off the lips and even catching tranny by the end. I'm 43 now, and have been in awe of dirt jumpers and bmxers my whole life. it sounds silly, but it's like a childhood dream come true. it's so awesome that it's a 4 minute walk from my house. I'm buzzin right now.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Momma pig is not such a good Mom. I may have to become the Surrogate as the piglets have bonded to me. I tried to do chores with them but I am afraid I cannot keep track of them without help... I feed them Potato Peels and whole Apples. They squeal with pleasure when they hear the wheelbarrow bouncing down the hill. Its awesome... I turn acorns into my fallow fields. I let the piglets out and they go crazy zooming around rooting for them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

If you only had some kind of finance training that could have helped avoid this.

MAGA

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just got back from the skatepark. it's so awesome. I'm a total hack, but today I went from sucking up the lips, to popping off the lips and even catching tranny by the end. I'm 43 now, and have been in awe of dirt jumpers and bmxers my whole life. it sounds silly, but it's like a childhood dream come true. it's so awesome that it's a 4 minute walk from my house. I'm buzzin right now.
i'd kill for a bmx park close to me. oh and get a bmx bike.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i'd kill for a bmx park close to me. oh and get a bmx bike.
I have a size small dirt jumper... I got it the last time a skate/BMX park opened in my town. But that place didn't last 8 months. I made it there 3x times... This new place is so much smaller, but because of how close it is, I hope to go a lot more. I tried a BMX at the last place... They are really twitchy and don't carry as much speed as 26" wheels...