Quantcast

Wood be disaster...trail

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Fairview NC
Fun trail but needs riders! Short run with 100 feet or so elevation drop, 6 jumps,(plus 2 off trail in the "fun pit") 1 rock drop, and a little popper at the bottom , road to road, easy to shuttle.

Last edited:

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
I sent you a PM with my email. It is at the end of Flat Top Mountain Road in Fairview NC if you want to map it. This trail is 150 feet from my back door on private property, had nearly 5 miles of trail at one time but let it go because I was the only one riding or maintaining it. What's left is just a couple of hundred yards long, but fun! Anybody else?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
This can't be more than 10 minutes from my house. Is it your property? I can think of a NUMBER of people that would be out there in a heartbeat to help you build if its allowed.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
The good...I have been a co-owner of this land for 16 years and can build trails, jumps, whatever, within reason, and this land will NOT be developed. The bad...I work Sat through Wed till 3pm, off on Thurs and Fri, and I (or another owner) MUST! be present for any riding or building, no showing up and throwing around names. This has caused problems in the past. My neighbors (co-owners) have been very supportive of my mountain biking and I will not jeopardize their goodwill. Other than that, I would be very happy to have people up to ride. I'll even drive the shuttle! I would welcome suggestions and help with building or upgrades. Butch, do you still have my number? If anyone else wants it I will PM you. Don't want to post it here. Oh, I am about 15 minutes SE of Asheville.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I live about 15-20 minutes from there and I still have not been there yet. Hear it is a good XC ride, but there are WAY to many places to XC around here.

Need more jumps, berms, drops and such. They should, IMHO, be part of any good XC trail.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I live about 15-20 minutes from there and I still have not been there yet. Hear it is a good XC ride, but there are WAY to many places to XC around here.

Need more jumps, berms, drops and such. They should, IMHO, be part of any good XC trail.
UNC Dirt Jumps are sick!!!! Will say they are not friendly to those that don't know how to dirt jump. I have had some great times there though. Have you talked to Jon N. lately? I know he has some fun trails behind his house.

Other than that you guys do have some great XC trails and sick Moto Tracks to play on!!!

Cecil

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
UNC Dirt Jumps are sick!!!! Will say they are not friendly to those that don't know how to dirt jump. I have had some great times there though. Have you talked to Jon N. lately? I know he has some fun trails behind his house.

Other than that you guys do have some great XC trails and sick Moto Tracks to play on!!!

Cecil

Wow! One place that has some stunts and a bunch of BMX trails. Fun place but it is only one place. Would be nice to see some more stuff happening local.

Don't Jon is riding much but XC lately.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Wow! One place that has some stunts and a bunch of BMX trails. Fun place but it is only one place. Would be nice to see some more stuff happening local.

Don't Jon is riding much but XC lately.
Given the amount you actually ride that should be plenty shouldnt it? :rofl:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Motobutane, BMBass and Bizutch, thanks for coming by to ride the trail!
What are you kidding??????

Thank you, you raked the trail today and ran the shuttle truck!!!!
We had a blast! All the work you did on building the wooden features turned out great, its a great place to practice.Next time we'll rotate shuttle drivers and trucks.

We don't want to take advantage of you like that Bizutch guy did:rant:

You'll remember my name now won't you Butch:weee:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
What are you kidding??????

Thank you, you raked the trail today and ran the shuttle truck!!!!
We had a blast! All the work you did on building the wooden features turned out great, its a great place to practice.Next time we'll rotate shuttle drivers and trucks.

We don't want to take advantage of you like that Bizutch guy did:rant:

You'll remember my name now won't you Butch:weee:
hah hah! No fair. No false accusations. He wouldn't have let any of us muddy butts in that shiny cab!
I thought of ways to remember your names! Macho Man Randy Savage & Blake the Snake Roberts!

Next time I'll bring the right shoes, a gas allowance, some dramamine for the curves and a hyperbaric chamber to acclimate! Seriously Clealan, your house is less than 4 miles as the crow flies from mine, but is a 20 minute drive and 1600 feet straight up!

Now, if only my wife would allow me to be so remote, my life would be perfect. Thanks again. See you next week?:thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Forgot to mention one danger of going up there. White out conditions. We were riding and suddenly we were in a heavy, pelting snow...then rainbows and goat petting ensued. True story.