Quantcast

Woohoo! I rode my bike

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Well after breaking my collarbone...again a couple of months ago and having surgery, I finally got to ride my bike. Took the BMX bike to Seatac and tested it out and it was good. So good, I'm going to Yakima tomorrow to race a State Qualifier race - Woohoo!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
bibs said:
baahhuummm-bugg!! ok, seriousl congrats you big meanie! you going to crank worx?
Hahaha - yeah, I be at Crankworx - I'll be shacking up w/ ggrubb. I'll see you there. A buddy of mine from Portland gave me this sweet camera backpack for nuthin, now I feel cool.

GlennG

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
Forks, WA
Five, You Blow. Just kidding!

I am in this body brace until Aug. 25th. I am going to try out the trainer tomorrow for some ripping living room action. I can't ride around town as I can not turn my head to watch traffic. In this podunk (sp.) town I would be ran over if I didn't watch all the vehicles approaching me. Small town drivers love new hood ornaments. I am glad you are back on the bike. I am itching to ride again. I am hoping to get back in shape for the Fat Tire Fest in Bend, OR in Oct. 45 miles of XC fun.

GlennG

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
Forks, WA
It was good to see a few familiar faces. It sucked watching everyone ride. Just the sound of the tires rolling over rocks made me want to jump on a bike and hammer. I don't think that would go over well with the doc though.

The bend thing may be a bit of an aggressive recovery plan, but I am going to give it a try. The ride has a couple descents of almost an hour. No peddling just bombing along in the trees. Then a big climb in the middle of the ride. Lots of fun

GG

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Oh wait - I'm doing a dayer up at W on Saturday - I can't get drunk, but if you're in town and staying in West Seattle - lemme know, there's s'pose to be a cool bar by the Admiral Theater.

garcia

Chimp
Jun 10, 2005
good for you guys I think we get in better because yesterday I went rto ride my bike to gilma's trail with the walking cast , just with my lefty is gonna be hard to star walking normal again that leg is getting bigger.

garcia

Chimp
Jun 10, 2005
good for you guys I think we get in better because yesterday I went rto ride my bike to gilma's trail with the walking cast , just with my lefty is gonna be hard to star walking normal again that leg is getting bigger.