Quantcast

WOOOHOOO!! Got the offer today.......

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
thanks all....... I'm pretty jazzed........although it isn't the position at Fox Racing Shox that I really really wanted, I'm giddy like a little schoolgirl right now. It's tough to stay here this afternoon, I wanna go have some celebratory drinks

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
oilfield equipment design & drafting
I did a lot of this work towards the end of my college career and stopped accepting work after a little while. I enjoyed the work, but the field work on the oil platforms was just flat out dangerous. Just keep your head up and your eyes open.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
A guy at our church has a smile on his face 24/7 because he worked on offshore oil rigs for 10+ years. He described in stark detail 3 different times he almost died. The last one involving the helicopter he was in being blown off the deck and the tail snagging in the netting being the final straw. He said the thing started swapping and the guys on the deck started firing flame retardant foam right in the pilots windshield.

He said their job was not to save the copter, but the rig itself. One other time involved shattering some bones when being blasted off the deck in a pressure blast of some sort and falling a few stories into the netting.

You can see where the perma-grin comes from being on solid ground and "not dead". :think:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
A guy at our church has a smile on his face 24/7 because he worked on offshore oil rigs for 10+ years. He described in stark detail 3 different times he almost died. The last one involving the helicopter he was in being blown off the deck and the tail snagging in the netting being the final straw. He said the thing started swapping and the guys on the deck started firing flame retardant foam right in the pilots windshield.

He said their job was not to save the copter, but the rig itself. One other time involved shattering some bones when being blasted off the deck in a pressure blast of some sort and falling a few stories into the netting.

You can see where the perma-grin comes from being on solid ground and "not dead". :think:
I'm sure part of his perma grin comes from the size of his bank account after working that long offshore

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Congrats. If you're stuck in OK, you may as well have a smile on your face for something. ;)

Glad it's working out.

Thought of you on Friday at a little show of the Red Dirt flair. Randy Rogers and Casey Donahue.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Congrats. If you're stuck in OK, you may as well have a smile on your face for something. ;)
my thoughts on the suckitude of the location too........ 2 more years, that's it & I'm outta here, f#(k oklahoma

Thought of you on Friday at a little show of the Red Dirt flair. Randy Rogers and Casey Donahue.
man, I havent been keeping up with, or been to any shows in a couple of years......it's about time I hit some up. I've heard some Randy Rogers, but not this Donahue fella.......any good?

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
my thoughts on the suckitude of the location too........ 2 more years, that's it & I'm outta here, f#(k oklahoma

man, I havent been keeping up with, or been to any shows in a couple of years......it's about time I hit some up. I've heard some Randy Rogers, but not this Donahue fella.......any good?
I like him pretty well. A little more edge than Jason Boland, maybe not as much as Stoney.