Quantcast

Woooo Mo Frickin' Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

J

JRB

The shop called and my Reign frameset is in.

Yay me.

*Wumpus - please PM the logon to your photo account so I can post pics. I promise to get my own soon. I also need to put up new pics of Caroline.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I considered one of them but decided that mud trap the shock lives in is a bad idea for this area. Hope it doesn't collect too much cow **** for you Loco.

J

JRB

I have the carbon guard back ordered. I will make something in the mean time. I don't ride in the mud.

I got this frameset.

J

JRB

splat said:
have you ever herd of Photobucket ? or imageshack ?
I even have one of those two set up, but I don't recall the sign on, and have been too lazy to set one up. Maybe I will. :p

J

JRB

Build is this -
Reign in coffee
04 Z150 SL
FSA FR230 70mm
FSA V drive or Race Face Turbine (depending on whether I put 170s or 175s on) Thanks bmxman
Hussefelt bar or FSA risers
Thomson elite post
SDG Bel Air saddle
Juicy 5 - 175mm
XTR pods/XT front der/XTR RR rear der
Performance Loco wheels with 20mm hub
Cane Creek ZS headset
Oury grips
WTB Motoraptor front/Tioga Yellow Kirin rear
Time Z control pedals (thanks again Luc)

I think that will build a bike :think:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
loco said:
Build is this -
Reign in coffee
04 Z150 SL
FSA FR230 70mm
FSA V drive or Race Face Turbine (depending on whether I put 170s or 175s on) Thanks bmxman
Thomson elite post
SDG Bel Air saddle
Juicy 5 - 175mm
Cane Creek ZS headset
Oury grips

Any reason for the 5's over the 7's? I know all you get differently is the adjustability, but it's a damn nice feature.

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Any reason for the 5's over the 7's? I know all you get differently is the adjustability, but it's a damn nice feature.
Color - I have some 7s on the XC bike (which I could run on here) but I don't use the knob. I don't know which brakes Julie is getting, so I haven't ruled out 7s, but mostly, I like the color of the 5s. That's really why.

J

JRB

jdschall said:
Is coffee the new "rootbeer"?
I hope not. I would not pick coffee, but that's what they come in. I almost had a Reign 3 stripped, which I would do, but it didn't come with an RP3, and wasn't going to be cheaper. I called PUSH and they said that the Float would not tune as well, so I just ordered this. I plan to sent my old RP3 off this weekend to have it valved for this frame. They say it blows through the middle of its travel, so I want to valve it. I would not opt for coffee, but liked the frame, so I will live with it. It's a crappy color, not a crappy paint job. I know I bitched about the Bullit that Diesel bought, but ugly paint is better than bad paint. It may look nice though.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
loco said:
I hope not. I would not pick coffee, but that's what they come in. I almost had a Reign 3 stripped, which I would do, but it didn't come with an RP3, and wasn't going to be cheaper. I called PUSH and they said that the Float would not tune as well, so I just ordered this. I plan to sent my old RP3 off this weekend to have it valved for this frame. They say it blows through the middle of its travel, so I want to valve it. I would not opt for coffee, but liked the frame, so I will live with it. It's a crappy color, not a crappy paint job. I know I bitched about the Bullit that Diesel bought, but ugly paint is better than bad paint. It may look nice though.
That colour looks pretty damned nice, at least in the photos. Don't knock it until you get it under natural sunlight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Build is this -
Reign in coffee
04 Z150 SL
FSA FR230 70mm
Thomson elite post
SDG Bel Air saddle
Juicy 5 - 175mm
Cane Creek ZS headset
Oury grips

Why did you go Shimano instead of SRAM?

I just want to hear your reason, I was extremely unhappy with my SRAM stuff last year.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I just ordered all new SRAM stuff to replace my sh**mano. Except I got some of those HONE cranks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
After a couple rides with my x9 and x0....i'm never going back to Shimano. I like the 1:1 way too much.
I thought the rear der cage was made of lead it was so f'ing soft. I toasted 2 rear der's last year and in all of my years I've never had to replace a rear der.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Why did you go Shimano instead of SRAM?

I just want to hear your reason, I was extremely unhappy with my SRAM stuff last year.
I disliked the X9/X0 shifters I had. I thought the thumb levers were unfriendly and hard to set up, and I didn't like the high normal after I rode rapid rise. I am not willing to drop the coin to try X0 pods, even though they look nice. I think SRAM is on their way to being what people hate about Shimano anyway. Not that I care about that.

J

JRB

I will add that I bent the hell out of the Breezer hanger on the Dean and the X0 derailleur came out fine. I didn't like the performance.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
I disliked the X9/X0 shifters I had. I thought the thumb levers were unfriendly and hard to set up, and I didn't like the high normal after I rode rapid rise. I am not willing to drop the coin to try X0 pods, even though they look nice. I think SRAM is on their way to being what people hate about Shimano anyway. Not that I care about that.
Now explain the Cane Creek headset.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stosh said:
I thought the rear der cage was made of lead it was so f'ing soft. I toasted 2 rear der's last year and in all of my years I've never had to replace a rear der.

Yes, They are soft and malleable. I did the same thing on my x.7's. When I got home I took it off the bike and sicked my channel lock pliers on it and bent it straight again. I just tried it on a whim and it's worked perfect for me ever since. I was pretty damn impressed that I could bend it it and not have it break on me. I have not had the same luck with shimano. After a year on the sram stuff, I'm sold.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Now explain the Cane Creek headset.
It's integrated and to use the King Perdido, the head tube must be reamed. That will void the warranty. It comes with a headset, which I hope is a ZS2 or ZS6. If it is not, I likely will swap it with the one in the Jamis.