Quantcast

<)> Work Day #1 >(<

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Those photos remind me of those taken with Eric's PotatoCam(tm)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like I lucked out and avoided the worst of the heat wave. Only got up to 98 freedoms here while other spots in Seattle hit 107. Looks like the winds are just in the right direction to deliver slightly cooler air off of the Sound.

98 is still fucking hot.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I thing I found the source of the vibration in my truck Looks like the belt is separating in the inner right rear tire. All the other 3 tires are flat across the top The 4th looks like a rounded bike tire all 4 are at the same tire pressure. Time for new tire(s)

Left side rear
IMG_20210628_185002230.jpg

right side rear

IMG_20210628_184928404.jpg

inner right rear

IMG_20210628_185039119.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
But my rim is toast.
Again? Didn't you just crack a fresh LB rim recently too?

I thing I found the source of the vibration in my truck Looks like the belt is separating in the inner right rear tire. All the other 3 tires are flat across the top The 4th looks like a rounded bike tire all 4 are at the same tire pressure. Time for new tire(s)

Left side rearView attachment 161720

right side rear

View attachment 161721

inner right rear

View attachment 161722
What tires are you running? Either you've got a bad streak or they just don't last long, cause I feel like you've documented numerous tire debacles over a fairly short period of time.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
What tires are you running? Either you've got a bad streak or they just don't last long, cause I feel like you've documented numerous tire debacles over a fairly short period of time.
Two blow outs in 4 years, I have a feeling this may have been one of the tires that came with the truck in which case it has aged out for the amount of weight we ask the tires to hold. I will know tomorrow when I pull it and look at the MFG date code. This was also the tire that was next to the one that blew. It looked undamaged but in hind sight it probably was messed up when the other tire exploded. Tires are made by Cooper tires

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
North. My apologies.
Quick hit, out tomorrow.
dang! next time stay longer and let the nc monkeys show you the goods!

last day in maine. mom's alzheimers is sad to see. while she can get by she's often very confused.
had some beers with a buddy from childhood that i hadn't seen in a while. our 11yo has been hanging with his 13yo, which is super cool to see. need to get back up here more/for longer. might come back in august or october. it's pretty idyllic.

down to greenwich tomorrow; then on to nc on weds.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bike tray #1 installed onto roof rack. T-track trays we're definitely the right route to go. There is not enough space to mount the trays using a normal strap. With box mounted, I cannot have a pedal on the box-side of the bike or it will hit the box.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Bike tray #1 installed onto roof rack. T-track trays we're definitely the right route to go. There is not enough space to mount the trays using a normal strap. With box mounted, I cannot have a pedal on the box-side of the bike or it will hit the box.
weird. will take pic of large box + 2 bikes when we load tomorrow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
weird. will take pic of large box + 2 bikes when we load tomorrow.
I have 50" bars. The spacing puts the trays exactly on top of the feet to the base rack. I figured that would be the case, so I spent extra and got t-track compatible trays. I could mount it with the pedal, but it's close enough that it will hit and I don't want to risk damaging the box.
IMG_20210629_080335_01.jpg

Last edited: