Quantcast

>>>Work derp uno<<<

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Back in the salt pit. Brought the squishy bike with me. Ride after work if the smoke doesn't choke everyone out, because I really need to take a ride before I start choking everyone out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Back to work after a week off = :thumbsdown:
4 weeks ish until paternity leave & baby = :thumb:
Heat broke = :thumb:
Wife woke me up early snoring = :thumbsdown:
Golfed with @CrabJoe StretchPants = :thumb:
Finally bought something after a year of waiting for it to come back in stock = :thumb:

Guess things are better than they are worse.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great start to the day..I left a paper bag on the floor last night, so of course the cat is up at 4am going ape shit in it. Then something broke'd at work during night. Had to basically jump out of bed and drive here while waking up.

On the way in, my student/intern/junior/whatever called in sick.

I shall now attempt to sneak out and go back home and take a little nap before a meeting at 10.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya, pals!! I was up at ass o'clock for a 10 mile run in some lovely 59 degree weather. Nao, work! Work from home though, which is basically a day off, amirite??

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Week off for a little staycation. Nothing was available to book, so we're just sticking it out with family in town. Hope to make the best of it.

Woke up early and picked things up and then put them down. Also did some zwifting, which I failed hard at. Oof. Intervals over/under FTP but I was cooked by the second.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The Monday and Friday in office sucks ass. The wife usually goes in Monday morning to print letters, so I am here waiting because we have Lil Man on Sunday nights now. I left my laptop running tests Friday so I am technically free until my first meeting at 10.

The wife and I had a good talk last night. Now that they aren't living with us, we miss them. But she understands why her mom didn't "step up more as grandma" to help her sister when her kids were little, too. We do A LOT and that's good, but there is a limit

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Baked up a bunch of banana walnut bread last night, packing the camper for a quick long weekend with friends (a group of families from school) and a bike ride later...yeah! Rode in the worst of the heat/humidity on Friday because we're dumbasses and cut, split and stacked 2 more face cords of wood. I am le tired but working on some plans for school and drinking more coffee!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
this.

11yo came in at 5 to say he felt bad. had a fever and is achy. little punk better not have the beta...
Ugh. Fingers crossed it's nothing. Youngest had her physical last week and her dr. thought she would be eligible for the vax in September (She's 9). I would feel better knowing that our neighbors are anti-vax (it's useless and unsafe but they have also all had the rona...which also wasn't real but you know) and we are heading back to school (with masks again).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all.

WFH today and then off to be traffic/head out to Red Rocks for Yo Yo Ma this evening w/wife-bot.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkeys. So much fail this past weekend. Last Wednesday I learned that some old friends would house hunting in Coeur d'Alene so we made arrangements to ride on Friday. Since the smoke here has been moderate to light all summer I didn't bother checking conditions and they didn't either. It was not good. Friday morning didn't seem any better so we decided to head to Wenatchee which was a little better but still smoky enough to make our eyes water after an hour so we bailed. The bike never came off the back of the wagon. Just shy of 1,300 miles in 3 days after a side trip to Richland to surprise my parents who ended up being in Walla Walla doing the wine country. Their ring thing alerted them to my presence so I was forced to commit to another visit while standing on the porch.

I am going to try it again at the end of the month when my friends will be checking out Boise.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
"Of course I'd love to sell you my bike, with payment via your "certified" check. Then have your mystery shipper turn up to collect"...

Assholes.

Anyone know places I can sign up their phone number for bs?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Giving my neighbor my old HT. It's an old Access (ie Supergo) frame with matching wheels an same vintage Marzocchi fork. I can't get $100 on Craigslist and it would be more valuable for him to have a trail worthy bike when we take the girls out.

I've been doing a brake shuffle since the rear XT on the 4x gave out and think I have enough brakes to make it happen. However I might have to do a split disc/v-brake setup - anybody have an extra set of crappy V-brake arms floating around? Still need to scrounge up a short stem because this 110mm is miles too long.

He has two old mtb that he'll be able to take down to a bike charity too, which is a win-win for everyone.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Giving my neighbor my old HT. It's an old Access (ie Supergo) frame with matching wheels an same vintage Marzocchi fork. I can't get $100 on Craigslist and it would be more valuable for him to have a trail worthy bike when we take the girls out.

I've been doing a brake shuffle since the rear XT on the 4x gave out and think I have enough brakes to make it happen. However I might have to do a split disc/v-brake setup - anybody have an extra set of crappy V-brake arms floating around? Still need to scrounge up a short stem because this 110mm is miles too long.

He has two old mtb that he'll be able to take down to a bike charity too, which is a win-win for everyone.
I'll check the bike box... might have some old V's around.