Quantcast

Work party this Sunday (10/31) at SST.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Ran into Mike and he's heading down there around 9am or so to get down to business on the doubles line that's been opened up recently. It also sounds like there are at least five other people aside from us that are also commiting some time to help as well. Mike seems like a rain-or-shine kind of guy, so there will be no less than three people between Mike, Pip and I.
I know there are two shovels already down there and Mike said he's bringing a couple more as well. If anybody has a decent rake, handsaw (for cutting deadfall, not live trees;) ) or a Bobcat then definitely bring any of those things.

p.s. - Costumes are optional.

p.p.s. - DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK AN HOUR SAT. NIGHT FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!
This Public Service Announcement has been brought to you by the letter "R".

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Andy,

I might be at there tomorrow (SAT), but it depends on how I feel in the morning. Doesnt look good :drool: :drool: :drool: If your there I will help dig. haahahhaahahah

Sunday no good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Langer said:
Andy,

I might be at there tomorrow (SAT), but it depends on how I feel in the morning. Doesnt look good :drool: :drool: :drool: If your there I will help dig. haahahhaahahah

Sunday no good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn those mulleteers!!!!:blah:
Right on, I'm going down there at some point tomorrow. If it rains I dig - if it's showers or less I ride and dig. Need to make that jump after the S-curves a little wider on the right side and something else that I can't think of for the life of me.
I'll see it tomorrow and remember.:think:
I'm guessing that we're going to do at least one weekend day each week in the coming weeks at this point, so everybody will get a chance to do their part eventually.
I'm stoked...it's a long section so we'll be able to get pretty creative with transfers, hip-off to berms to hip-backs and ???.
:drool:
I thank everybody in advance for whatever contributions/efforts you are able to provide. There will be no financial rewards for your part, but there will be an excellent return on your investment on this project when all is said and done.

Sep 8, 2004
I'm "scheduled" to be off, but I do work the night before, so no 9am trips for me. I'll get down there as early as I can though. Even if I do have to work, I'll try to stop by and help as long as I can. I'll score some rakes, etc from my parents tomorrow. Maybe a pick-axe for taking out roots, digging stuff up, breaking up the dirt.

-James.

I'll bring the beer and bomber girls to be rooting you guys on. They will be dressed up in tiger outfits, just the nose mask and leapord underwear... You'll know it's me when you see a guy in a pimp suit with a big gangsta hat, cigar in the left hand, cane in the right, sportin' the gators. The chics will be roped together like wild cats pulling a mini stage coach with 10 full size kegs in the back. The back tailgate folds down to a 6 ft x 3ft BBQ grill, is shiskabobs(shrimp, vegi's, pork & chicken) cool with everyone?

Also, let me know what type of music you guys like, the stage coach is equiped with 10 12er's, 6 3000 watt amps, three 35" flat screens and more mid and high speakers than Safeco Field.

Come say hello, I'll be in the recliner with my martini :blah:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Captain Crunch said:
Ninefingers has my personal guarantee of protection and a warm welcome! Kim and I will try to be there tomorrow to help out, we have tools, too!

I'm still broke so I'll come ready to work, not ride.
Suh-wheat!! Not that you're broke, but that you kids will be there as well. When you say 'tools', you'd be referring to shovels, etc. or are you referring to the extra-slave-labor kind?:p
Damn! Even if 1/2 the people that say they'll be there show up, it's looking to be one hell of a crew. I sense some serious progress will be made tomorrow.:cool:
I am actually going to try to get there before 9am to take care of a couple of things along the existing lines. Just a couple of tiny cosmetic touches.

Sep 8, 2004
I will be there for sure, unless I get taken out by a hobgobblin on the way or something. I forgot to pick up the extra tools unfortunately. If I have time before I leave to get out there tomorrow, I'll run up to my parents' place and grab em. I do have at least one shovel and an axe in my truck though, so I'll have those at the minimum.

-James.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Gex said:
Arg id go but im taking the gf to saw
Hahahaha...funny you should mention Saw - that's something that we're going to need alot of next SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!!!
There was a modest turnout for today's events - only fair considering a day's notice for this.:o:
We got the first 2 jumps in place...needs more tracks on it to help it settle all proper-like. They're slowish for now but several folks rolled the first one no problem. The 2nd one has the takeoff and landing in place, but there's still dirt to fill in between - it is hittable though.
I got there earlier than everybody and widened the jump after the S-curves before the lower drops.:thumb:
Next week, we'll try to break down some of the larger deadfall with saws in order to get them where they need to be. As-is, they are just across the fence near the stunt section.

I would guess that James (jimbo_the_biker) will be posting some pics of the efforts and, if we're really lucky, a shot of Ethan hitting the first jump.:D

Thanks to everybody that lent a hand one way or another.:cool:
If we get a solid crew out this next Sunday...SUNday...SUNDAY!!!, there's a chance we'll have at least one line of jumps all the way thru.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must be hitting the shower.

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Sounds like you guys are making some serious progress. :thumb: I really want to get out there to check it all out but havn't had a chance. :mad: But maybe this next weekend I will make it out there. :p

DBR X6 RIDER said:
There was a modest turnout for today's events - only fair considering a day's notice for this.:o:
Andy I wanted to come out only my friend who was supposed to call me and drive never did. So I jingled him around 11ish and sure enough he was hung over and bagged riding, something about a seahawks game....what a schmuck. So I posted up to get directions to SST only no one replied :mumble: So I sat around picking my noise the rest of the day.

Got some bills paid though, what a horrible thing to do on a nice Sunday afternoon.

Directions?? :help:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Not your bad, Josh - don't sweat it.:cool:
I'm guessing you found the linky I posted in your "directions to work party" thread? Essentially, get off on 200th (or 188th - not sure if there's an exit for 200th northbound on I-5). Take 200th until you are directly under the flight path and you should be there. It's directly across the street from a golf course.

Seriously, we got alot more done than I figured we would today. With a LOT more notice about next Sunday! SUNday!! SUNDAY!!!, I think we'll get some major damage done.

By the way, what kind of noise did you wind up picking?:)

Sep 8, 2004
I'll have the photos posted before I get to sleep tonight. Next week, I'll bring more equipment... perhaps a wheelbarrow, chainsaw, pick-axe, and anything else I can find.

-James.

Sep 8, 2004
Ok, here are a few photos. I'm gonna have to get a external flash pretty soon.

So this is a crappy shot of the new jump, its hard to make out the size of it and such.

And here is ethan hitting it, he overcleared it a little bit on the second run, but it was still pretty smooth.

Ethan throwing a one-foot can off the middle table.

Ethan hitting andy's hip jump, and throwing a one footer thingy.

Ethan hitting the stepdown and throwing in some style

Guy on a demo9 hitting the far right line, gettin' ready to hit the new stuff.

And this is one crazy guy on an older Specialized FSR XC bike. He's got about 3" of suspension, and was doing the stepdowns, middle table, etc. Craziness.

I'm not sure when I'll make it out there next. Probably won't be until next sunday, and I might not even take my bike that day.

-James.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Hey, Good shots of Ethan! I wish I would have come out and played too! But, I drank too much Sat. night and was useless! Oh well!

~Ethan's better half :love:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
NineFingers said:
Which guy on here is ethan, i like to put faces with the names.
Well, Ethan is the guy on the intense xc bike that is in most of these pics! I am his wife...Joy, I post as Mutoli!

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
COOL!!! those pics of ethan are awesome!

and the guy on the demo 9 is polo. he's looking pretty sexy in that pic, too bad he didn't have the ghy thong to complete the look :(

you doing another work party next sunday DBR rider? i would like to come help out!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Megan Black said:
COOL!!! those pics of ethan are awesome!

and the guy on the demo 9 is polo. he's looking pretty sexy in that pic, too bad he didn't have the ghy thong to complete the look :(

you doing another work party next sunday DBR rider? i would like to come help out!
He's a camera-friendly kind of guy that Ethan is - he's also a very friendly and helpful guy to boot!:cool:
If Polo wore the thong, how would we get any work done???

Yes, next Sunday for round II of teh funz. Probably like yesterday, I'll show up just before 9am and peeps will be in and out helping thru the day.
Even moral support is considered helping, so even if you don't lift a shovel, saw, etc. just some words of encouragement are appreciated. Come on down - bring a friend (or two or three)!!:D:thumb:

Jun 18, 2004
Do you guys still need a hack saw for that one pipe hanging off the trail? I'll put my hack saw under the seat in my truck just in case... I'm thinking I need to show up for the next work party since I ride there enough to owe it to the trails/ and everyone who is constantly making SST better... see you there... gotta write it in my planner...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Str8OutaBallard said:
Do you guys still need a hack saw for that one pipe hanging off the trail? I'll put my hack saw under the seat in my truck just in case... I'm thinking I need to show up for the next work party since I ride there enough to owe it to the trails/ and everyone who is constantly making SST better... see you there... gotta write it in my planner...
D'OH!!! Now I know what else I was going to do when I got there early yesterday.:o:
It shouldn't be required as I'm heading there tomorrow to get some aggression out on something other than my soon-to-be ex-roomate.:mad:
Thanks for the reminder and hope to see you on Sunday.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
I sat on my ass all Sunday, sorry guys, looks like lots of good work being done, I'll try a lot harder to make it this Sunday, I'm really ready to do some work, and still not ready to start riding again. The doubles line is looking good, what are the plans for it? All in a row? Hips? Transfers? What's the 411??

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Fear not, Steve-O - we'll have some 'special' tasks just for you!!:p

So far we have a main leadin table and the left side of a larger one built up - the other side will wait until we're farther down the line with more dubs. The ones after that will likely be hip/x-fer/??? style ones. I'm just following Mike's lead since this is his brain-child.
Sean, Pip and I are likely going to be down there tomorrow - more than likely just to ride and maybe throw more dirt on the 2nd table. That's where we were when it got dark on Sun.

Yee-haw!!!

Jun 18, 2004
DBR X6 RIDER said:
D'OH!!! Now I know what else I was going to do when I got there early yesterday.:o:
It shouldn't be required as I'm heading there tomorrow to get some aggression out on something other than my soon-to-be ex-roomate.:mad:
Thanks for the reminder and hope to see you on Sunday.
Should I bring a shovel on sunday? a hammer? a saw?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Str8OutaBallard said:
Should I bring a shovel on sunday? a hammer? a saw?
In the order asked - yes...no..yes. A rake or a macheti(sp) could come in handy as well.
A creative mind and elbow grease can't hurt either.;)
It is strongly suggested to wear jeans and clothes you don't want messed up - work gloves/boots are a good thing, too.:thumb:
As was last Sunday, folks will start showing up around 9am...I'll be there somewhere after 8:30.