Quantcast

Work sucks, downhilling is better

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
narlus said:
where'd you score the wachusett jerseys? i like 'em!

good shots, glad you had a blast. now if you *really* want a dose of top-notch DH, definitely take Jozz's suggestion and head up to Bromont. i love that place.
I got it from Dennis (one of the DH riders) at Plattekill. He's there every race weekend, just look for him and he can hook you up (tell him I sent you ;))

I would love to hit Bromont...perhaps a fall trip is in order as my summer is way over-booked with fun outings :devil:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jozz said:
Nice work people!!

So I guess you are all ready for Bromont now!! :thumb:

So Mark, vacation end of July, could you be more specific? : ;)
Jozz, I will have another vacation starting July 23rd (my birthday) and running through until Monkeyfest Sunday. Most of that time will be spent with my sons. I may try and sneak up to the KT area on Thursday night or early on Friday though.

I would love to come up to Quebec and ride this season - but maybe later in the year - I don't have the busy calendar that IAB has. :)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMcG said:
Jozz, I will have another vacation starting July 23rd (my birthday) and running through until Monkeyfest Sunday. Most of that time will be spent with my sons. I may try and sneak up to the KT area on Thursday night or early on Friday though.

I would love to come up to Quebec and ride this season - but maybe later in the year - I don't have the busy calendar that IAB has. :)
Busy schmusy!!

Ok for fall then! :cool:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
man, that really looks like fun. the lift hours seem a bit short though, closing at 4pm. maybe I'll head up once the lift to the top is open.

you guys wanna go to Jiminy this coming Sunday? main lift is open 12-5, smaller one 11-9.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
tonyhawk said:
man, that really looks like fun. the lift hours seem a bit short though, closing at 4pm. maybe I'll head up once the lift to the top is open.

you guys wanna go to Jiminy this coming Sunday? main lift is open 12-5, smaller one 11-9.
Well the Mt Snow lift opened at 9:00, so 9-4 isn't bad.

Thanks for the Jiminy invite, but me and the wife are heading to Florida for a week Saturday.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:

The lifts opened at 9 and we were practically the only DHers on the Mtn, so we got our fair share of runs in and then some.

I may be down with Jiminy on Sunday - weather permitting - the forecast looks crappy right now, but that can change on a dime right?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
aha - 9 to 4 is much more reasonable, but I don't know if I'd want to leave here early enough to get there for 9. yeah, I know I'm lazy.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
hey, I just realized i have no plans for this w/e (my canoe trip is next weekend)

I could be in for Jiminy.....oh wait -- pedros is this w/e - Jiminy may be packed??

ps: How can I get into Pedros w/o buying a w/e pass?? I want to say Hi to erica at the Outdoor magazine booth!!!

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
douglas said:
hey, I just realized i have no plans for this w/e (my canoe trip is next weekend)

I could be in for Jiminy.....oh wait -- pedros is this w/e - Jiminy may be packed??

ps: How can I get into Pedros w/o buying a w/e pass?? I want to say Hi to erica at the Outdoor magazine booth!!!
I think a lot of the Pedros people will be going to Jiminy on Friday\Saturday.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
I don't know what her name was, I wasn't the one flirting with her - that was your job to get her name straight muchambo. :p

DOH! I'm pretty sure it was Erica

did you look thru that outdoor magazine? there was a tiny picture of her in it

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
DOH! I'm pretty sure it was Erica

did you look thru that outdoor magazine? there was a tiny picture of her in it
I haven't, but I have about ten copies of the magazine at my apartment.......I think I got stuck with our team's swag bag, or maybe some other teams swag bag - and all it had left in it was the magazines and brochures and crap.

I just emailed you seeking some advice on another topic bro.

Cheers,

MMcG

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
If I understood the lift guy correctly (50-50 chance of that) the main lift is open 12-5 on Sat\Sun and holidays. The small lift is open every day 11-9. Lift tix are $20.

Main lift takes about 6 minutes to the top and you get ~1100 feet of vertical drop on runs that are about a mile long. The small lift takes closer to 15 minutes and you get ~550 feet of vert over half-mile runs.

I'm planning to go this Sunday from 11 till I can't feel my arms and legs...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
If I understood the lift guy correctly (50-50 chance of that) the main lift is open 12-5 on Sat\Sun and holidays. The small lift is open every day 11-9. Lift tix are $20.

Main lift takes about 6 minutes to the top and you get ~1100 feet of vertical drop on runs that are about a mile long. The small lift takes closer to 15 minutes and you get ~550 feet of vert over half-mile runs.

I'm planning to go this Sunday from 11 till I can't feel my arms and legs...
Are you going to Pedros Fest with the bikerag crew Tony?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
Are you going to Pedros Fest with the bikerag crew Tony?
Nope - couldn't get my act together. Bikerag will have a tent though, so any :monkey:s that do go, be sure to stop by, say hi, and pick up some bikerag schwag.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
Nope - couldn't get my act together. Bikerag will have a tent though, so any :monkey:s that do go, be sure to stop by, say hi, and pick up some bikerag schwag.

Hmmm.....I might be down with some Jiminy Action on Sunday - what time were you thinking of getting there?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
The Grand Slam chairlift will operate from 11am to 6pm on weekends through June 13 and daily beginning June 19.

The Berkshire Express chairlift to the summit will operate from noon to 5pm, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays, beginning July 3rd.

Mountain biking hours are from 11am to dusk, and lift fees are $20 for the day

ps: Grand Slam is not enough to get me there midweek

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
Hmmm.....I might be down with some Jiminy Action on Sunday - what time were you thinking of getting there?
I like to make it to the main lift at the crack of noon, and get in a warmup or 2 on the small lift, so I'll probably be there at 11.