Quantcast

World’s 2023

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
if anyone figures out how (the fuck) north americans (ok, canadians more specifically) can watch the race, please post here. this, is not so helpful: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/how-to-watch-the-2023-world-champs.html

flosports?? baby jesus, why does this have to be so difficult?

i guess i should refine my query to include "and not have to pay for yet another subscription service". looks like flo is $30 for the month...

Last edited:

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
You just need to subscribe to this one too!! It's so easy now, I bet ESO are going to gain much more viewership this year and hopefully grow the sport at least twofold.

I'd like to know too, as subscribing to GCN+ doesn't give us the option to see world champs.

From what I've seen, there might be a VPN twist to do to watch it for free from another country. If I find something more precise and reliable I'll post it here.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Yes, what are the free / pirate options in USA?

I'm already paying for a bunch of content I don't care about on GCN+. Not prepared to buy another irrelevant app.

pill-bottle.png
pill-bottle.png

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Just saw that Swedish national tv will broadcast live with Robin Wallner as commentator. What a pleasant surprise! :cheers:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
TBF. the newly cut in woods section, short as it is, should be good to watch if it pisses down.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
1690925880179.png

Question - that actually Qualifying now? It used to be seeding back in the day - everyone got a finals run at Worlds. I was wondering if other changes this year would affect that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Unrelated, I hope no one here ever has to take Flomax. :dead:
Had a suspected infection and was prescribed it.

I had dizzy spells shortly thereafter that made me worried I was dying until I read the side effects of that crap. I stopped taking it straight away.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yes, what are the free / pirate options in USA?

I'm already paying for a bunch of content I don't care about on GCN+. Not prepared to buy another irrelevant app.

View attachment 198086View attachment 198086
I hear you loud and clear,crystal clear. It is such Bullshit that I have to contain myself from exploding in frustration? Fucking dumb ass shit on ESPN. They could make Money on this I am sure of! If Only I could be the Boss of ESPN? Don’t worry,I will take in All Monkeys opinion,that is if you have been here for a time span of 7 years,otherwise you are just a un-lucky Cunt.

Avy

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
OK, so really, do I need to prescribe to FlowMax for the worlds? Or can I maybe VPN my way to GCN+?

The regional web model for mtb content drives me mad. There's a reason why it's called the World Wide Web. FFS.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
OK, so really, do I need to prescribe to FlowMax for the worlds? Or can I maybe VPN my way to GCN+?

The regional web model for mtb content drives me mad. There's a reason why it's called the World Wide Web. FFS.
I'd use a VPN and try either GCN+ or the BBC.

I had completely missed that GCN+ is broadcasting this live after all in select countries, wasn't looking forward to having to rely on our public broadcaster for worlds.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
anyway...

kids

and MOAR with Wyn's #Day1 from EdWyn Winwin

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I think it was in one of the Earthed vids, Sabrina was like "I don't even want to ride my bike" HA (talking about the weather at ft. bill)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Track (and riders) looking insanely fast already...

Ed's the loudest fan trackside again

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Cold, rainy, midges, ticks, Scottish food, what is not to love?
I finally googled midges to see what they are - turns out they're what Aussies call sandflies. Horrible little buggers. Must be hectic for the marshals and spectators standing still.

I saw Eddie Masters talking about ticks too, didn't realise they were such an issue over there. No wonder Scots are so cranky.

@Gary - you getting along to many of the events? The whole world cycling championships is on in your backyard basically.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The Midge isn't really like any other annoying bitey flying insect. But yeah. plenty other countries have something similar. Ticks are a weird one. To me it's almost like they're super attracted to some people/animals skin and not at all to others. The bigger fear is lyme disease if you do pick up a tick. I've never had a tick while other folk have while riding with me. Certain dogs also seem to get them all the time. Marshalling at Ft William would be fucking horrendous in every concievable way.

Yeah. most of the events except the DH and a few road events are within an hours drive.
Was offered free tickets for the DH at Ft Bill. Track, Trials, BMX Freestyle, BMX racing and BMX flatland is all an hour away in Glasgow. Flatland and Trials are free events held in parks at either end of the City Centre, BMX Racing is on the fringe of the City and sold out. Track is in the Glasgow (Chris Hoy) Velodrome next to Celtic Football ground. All the XC events are half an hours drive from here at Glentress where the first Scottish EWS was. (and close to Innerleithen where last EWS was held). Road events being held on open road are free to spectate in and around Glasgow, Stirling and Edinburgh. Elite road race is a long 120km route from Edinburgh to Glasgow (the Cities are around 70km apart) culminating in 10x Glasgow city Centre laps of 15km ish.

I've no interest in going to watch any of it though. I genuinely just have no interest at all in standing all day long amongst a bunch of cyclists. Even watching Eddie's video seeing cyclists stood trackside in the woods during junior practice with their XC helmets and cycling kit on made me cringe. and they were the best DH racers in the world.