Quantcast

World Cup Round 1 Results

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
UCI WORLD CUP and we have to scour the web to find pics and results! lame. The promoter even went ahead and built a flash website just for the race, but doesnt have a PHOTOS or a RESULTS page?????
Argh.
As for Cedric, he better start taking racing seriously quick-he aint getting any younger and the Dirty Sanchez wont pay the bills for too long.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:
UCI WORLD CUP and we have to scour the web to find pics and results! lame. The promoter even went ahead and built a flash website just for the race, but doesnt have a PHOTOS or a RESULTS page?????
Argh.
As for Cedric, he better start taking racing seriously quick-he aint getting any younger and the Dirty Sanchez wont pay the bills for too long.
You know as well as anyone I have tried...racers care, fans care...the powers that be do not think it is important, and ther eis no way to convince them that it is.

As for cedric...i guess all that real estate will pay the bills? :thumb:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
stiksandstones said:
Damn Peaty rules, thats a good ole fashion SMOKIN time. Funny too since he told me last week when I said "good luck man" he replied with "ah screw it first world cup, time to party" haha
What bad ass.
Peat always does well in the races that dont matter........Nico could win with the weight of the world on him.....

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
luiz carlos said:
Why Kovarik Didn't Race?????????????
Too Bad..

yah.... he's going to be racing the NORBAs series this year....too bad... he woulda rocked on the WC circuit. i guess he will do a few WC races though (hopefully), plus the US Open & Crankworx.

but it's good for me, cause he'll be at all the races i'm going to! perfect for a season's worth of photos!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
DylanDeanDesign said:
yah.... he's going to be racing the NORBAs series this year....too bad... he woulda rocked on the WC circuit. i guess he will do a few WC races though...hopefully, the US Open & Crankworx.

but it's good for me, cause he'll be at all the races i'm going to! perfect for a season's worth of photos!
Kovarik = Photo Op :p

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
yah.... he's going to be racing the NORBAs series this year....too bad... he woulda rocked on the WC circuit. i guess he will do a few WC races though (hopefully), plus the US Open & Crankworx.

I HOPE, HE COMES TO BRAZIL IN JULY....SEND A MESSAGE TO HIM...HE HAS A LOT OF FANS IN BRAZIL...
TKS
ALSO YETI AND MAXXIS TEAM ...I HOPE SEE THEM....

Bobodaclown

Monkey
Apr 16, 2005
London, England
Cant Climb said:
Peat always does well in the races that dont matter........Nico could win with the weight of the world on him.....
Bit of a cr*p thing to say as the World Cups have the best racers in the world-so to win at an event like that is pretty hard, to win by three seconds also says a lot!
How many titles has Peat won, countless national championships, national series, european championships, norbas, Redbull events, the list could go on for ages.
The only real win that has alluded him is the World Champs, injuries and crashes-but he does have several silver medals from them. He was unlucky last year not to win, and considering that he broke his shoulder and had surgery only a few weeks before to get 9th should be an achievement!

Yeah Nico was amazing, but was he the riders fave, was he the peoples fave......

so yeah get over it!

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
So the Yeti team weren't over there either? No Graves, no big house, no ducan...... I was keen to see how Graves was going to do.

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
Cant Climb said:
???
As a fan i think Peat is great..........he at the top of the podium when it comes to choking though.....
Ok, did hill, gracia win when they most needed to? No!

Les Gets 02 finals, did he need to win? No, did he to prove a point? You bet.

He's in his own class at the moment

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
rockracing said:
stoked to read minnaar's racing 4X again...anyone see what bike he's riding?
minnaar's bike
http://www.foromtb.com/files/100_0488_800x600.jpg

maxxis msc rider
http://www.foromtb.com/files/100_0476_800x600.jpg

4x action: i think this jump is bigger than all th jumps on a single norba course combined (eccept west virginia)
http://www.foromtb.com/files/100_0450_800x600.jpg

some rocks
http://www.foromtb.com/files/100_0461_800x600.jpg

looks like a cool jump, to bad the rider is going around it http://www.foromtb.com/files/100_0466_800x600.jpg

lots more photos here as well http://www.foromtb.com/viewtopic.php?t=23224

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
biker3 said:
wow holy crowd, that is a ton of people and a sweet course too. Im glad people still watch DH somewhere, I suppose a little more exciting course norba wise could help.
The ste anne world cup crowds are about 1km in length
box sides of the 4x course, 10 deep. I **** you not. Ask Stik, dylan etc..

It is incredible.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Transcend said:
The ste anne world cup crowds are about 1km in length
box sides of the 4x course, 10 deep. I **** you not. Ask Stik, dylan etc..

It is incredible.
Yeah, some of the marquee events get sick crowds, even these days. Scotland this year will be a f-ing madhouse...Even the worlds this past year were pretty insane, the 4x held at night was said to have 15,000 people on the hill, but it looked like more. I have been to a lot of different sporting events, but a night time 4x, with 15,000 people has the most excitement in the air and party like vibe than anything I have ever seen.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:
Yeah, some of the marquee events get sick crowds, even these days. Scotland this year will be a f-ing madhouse...Even the worlds this past year were pretty insane, the 4x held at night was said to have 15,000 people on the hill, but it looked like more. I have been to a lot of different sporting events, but a night time 4x, with 15,000 people has the most excitement in the air and party like vibe than anything I have ever seen.
Yup, Scotland here I come baby! Hitting the 2 best world cups this year, so stoked on that.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
the 4x at lugano was amazing. it was like 15k peopel like you were saying. like 10-15 people deep the whole track long. the energy was amazing. it's sad when i see a national here and there are just gapping holes along the course.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
stiksandstones said:
There is no need to argue with a Peaty hater...they just suffer from some mental condition.

I'm not a Peaty hater.......he still hasnt done it and won it when it matters most yet. That's all i'm saying........he's got to do it when the heat is on, we will see.....

He always crumbles at World Championships and Fort William where he wants to win the most. And dont tell me about injuries, staying injury free is part of the game too........

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Cant Climb said:
I'm not a Peaty hater.......he still hasnt done it and won it when it matters most yet. That's all i'm saying........he's got to do it when the heat is on, we will see.....

He always crumbles at World Championships and Fort William where he wants to win the most. And dont tell me about injuries, staying injury free is part of the game too........
you are such a hater for no reason...you must sit at home and think of ways to cock punch the world. Poor thing.....I pity your miserable existence. Someday the light of hope will shine on your sad, solitary destitution. :stupid: