Quantcast

World Cup Soccer on teh Intarweb?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I thought I saw some people on here posting different places to check out WC Soccer action on the web. I searched but could not the thread...

So, where can I watch the games on the web? TV / Cable is a no go...

Thanks.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
I would also like to know! Free would be best, but I'm guessing I can sign up for ESPN3 if I have to.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I would also like to know! Free would be best, but I'm guessing I can sign up for ESPN3 if I have to.
:confused: It's all going to be on espn3 (except for games on ABC), but I don't see a subscription option. I'm checking, and I'm able to get Brewers vs Cardinals live right now. Do they charge for this?

edit: http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/01/espn-inc-2010-fifa-world-cup-schedule/

edit2: Sorry, just read up a bit more on ESPN3 - apparently my ISP (U-Verse) has paid ESPN for the ability to access ESPN3.

Last edited:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Just watched S. Africa draw with Mexico (on espn.com). Pretty exciting second half. S. Africa had a couple really good chances to get a second goal, but couldn't execute well enough.

France/Uruguay coming up next. I'm all over it.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Just watched S. Africa draw with Mexico (on espn.com). Pretty exciting second half. S. Africa had a couple really good chances to get a second goal, but couldn't execute well enough.
Very entertaining to watch. I was pulling for SA and actually thought their play was much more entertaining than Mexico. Tough group they're in, but a draw makes things pretty interesting.

CBC in broadcasting ALL the matches LIVE. After being in the US for the last 5 world cups and struggling to catch the footage, this is truly a dream come true.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
CBC is broadcasting ALL the matches LIVE. After being in the US for the last 5 world cups and struggling to catch the footage, this is truly a dream come true.
Yes, AND the "match of the day" is re-broadcast at 7:30pm every night!

GO Germany!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Get a real ISP asap?

ESPN3.com FAQ

Dunno, I've been happy that AT&T has ponied up for both ESPN3 as well as the Olympic coverage this past winter.

edit, ok, I have NO idea why it's auto-formatting, but click the FAQ link... GRRRRRRRR.
I've got Time Warner. They're huge, no idea why they don't have it.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
If you don't mind it being in spanish, Univision.com has it. The stream is really good and clear... supposedly better than ESPN3