Quantcast

World War 2 memorial please read

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
I know there are alot of varing opinions on politics and the world in general, but I would like to ask a personal favor. My Grandfather was a medic in WW2 and at the invasion of the beach in Normandy. My favor is there are some ledges and a few other things that could be ridden/grinded etc. that i think should be left alone out of respect, I mean it has taken 50+ years to have a memorial built that should have been done long ago, and i would hate to see it get wrecked and torn up. Thanks

Adam Buccolo

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
ya... and i think any attempt to ride it would be quickly dealt with by the park police onsite. lots of neat stuff to ride at the FDR memorial too, consequences just aren't worth it.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I was just there on memorial day...It is funny, when you are not from an area like DC it isn't really an issue that you think of. I couldn't even imagine considering riding one of the memorials. Do people do that?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Motionboy2 said:
I was just there on memorial day...It is funny, when you are not from an area like DC it isn't really an issue that you think of. I couldn't even imagine considering riding one of the memorials. Do people do that?

If its in DC, Its game. Not necissarily by us, but by other bikers, sakters, whatever.

People from not around here are amazed when I tell them we ride on national monuments :eek::devil:

(and by we, I mean, other people, because I have not ridden street in DC for 3 months)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
And oh yeah, Adam, I totally agree with you.

There is the Virginia War Memorial down in Reeshmond, and some of the benches have grind marks on them. Thats just one place I dont ride.

Stopping in to get out of the sun and lay down on the cool concrete benches and having a powerbar however, thats another story :D

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Yah, I think you're too late though, cuz if I remember correctly, Lars Tribus manuals a ledge at the WWII memorial in CR 5. :nope: But that might be another memorial somewhere else or something. But I won't ride any memorials. Same issue crossed my mind with a possible gap off the vietnam memorial onto the grass over the sidewalk, but that would be completely wrong jumping off a wall with people who gave their lives for our country engraved on it. No one should ride any memorial in my view ... many other places to ride.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Then again, the people those memorials honor gave their lives so we could have the freedom to do things like huck memorials. I think defacing them with grindmarks however, is asinine.

I know that it's what I would want if I were in their place.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
i just feel that it shouldnt be ridden on period, in a way it is like a cemetary...you dont go jumping on stuff in a cemetary why would you do it at a memorial honoring those who fought and those who paid the ultimate price

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
drt_jumper said:
i just feel that it shouldnt be ridden on period, in a way it is like a cemetary...you dont go jumping on stuff in a cemetary why would you do it at a memorial honoring those who fought and those who paid the ultimate price

I guess you never been gravetipping, huh?

Mar 29, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I completley agree. These we're put there to remember people. We should show respect (especially to WWII vets) not to ride on it. I know my grandfather would personally kick my white arse if he caught me on it.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
My stepfather was a Vietnam vet. And I think it is right to deem all memorials off limits to any kind of defacing, biking, skating, and skateboarding those people were willing to give their luves so we can have our freedom. So let us respect them by not destroying the memorials.