Quantcast

Worst bike industry website?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Not to bag on IH, but this is rediculous.

http://www.ironhorsebikes.com

Potential shoppers often go to websites looks for specific info like geo and pricing. Making that info easily and quickly accessable without wading through a bunch of flash and looking for some actual content is a good thing.

This is meant as constructive criticism.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
^^^ thats because they wont release the geo, specs, and pricing's untile after christmas when they release the bikes. this happend last year. they didnt update there site untile the full release of there 06 line. so be patient and you will soon see the new product line, but for now your just gonna have to live with the preview. :cheers:

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Iron Horse should keep the '06 stuff on their site until the '07 stuff is released, that's what everyone else does. There's yet another reason to not buy IH bikes (now I have two).
My vote goes to Hadley, but Brake Therapy is e-ghetto for sure.

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
, but Brake Therapy is e-ghetto for sure.
Yes, yes, yes, but at least I don't feel ripped of by all the money I paid for my website!!!

Too funny, I love you guys. If you don't find the info you want on the website, please email or call, we'll take care of you...

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Aww man, I didn't want to really hate! It wasn't the vote for worst company, just worst website, and you didn't even get my vote!
I know you're an awesome company, and now hopefully everyone else does too. Your weak point is your website, and to all the customers, you're best off talking to them in person! They're not used car salesmen!

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Aww man, I didn't want to really hate! It wasn't the vote for worst company, just worst website, and you didn't even get my vote!
I know you're an awesome company, and now hopefully everyone else does too. Your weak point is your website, and to all the customers, you're best off talking to them in person! They're not used car salesmen!
Hey man, no worries. Really, I'm crackin up!! I bet any money, there's any number of website designers saying "see, I knew they should've paid me!"

don't worry, I wasn't feeling hate, I really do feel kinda honored that we got mentioned.....but our parts are a bit better engineered than the website.....and it might get better in the future....

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Not to bag on IH, but this is rediculous.

http://www.ironhorsebikes.com

Potential shoppers often go to websites looks for specific info like geo and pricing. Making that info easily and quickly accessable without wading through a bunch of flash and looking for some actual content is a good thing.

This is meant as constructive criticism.
That is not the full site. If the new site is anything like the 2007 catalog, it will be top-notch.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
guys, I think the site is temporary until the actual site is loaded up...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
That speedmetalracing.com site sucks pretty bad...they haven't updated it in over a year :rolleyes:

The new Iron Horse site is in the process of being built. It's an entirely new site, architecture, graphics, etc and not quite the overnight process. The site closely follows the pattern of the catalog, ads, posters, dvds...it's new and fresh, not stale and crusty.

-ska todd

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
That speedmetalracing.com site sucks pretty bad...they haven't updated it in over a year :rolleyes:

The new Iron Horse site is in the process of being built. It's an entirely new site, architecture, graphics, etc and not quite the overnight process. The site closely follows the pattern of the catalog, ads, posters, dvds...it's new and fresh, not stale and crusty.

-ska todd

Thats what happens when 2 of its managing members decide to go and have kids..... DOH!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by ska todd
awsome thanks for the info man. i was thinking that you guys were giving the site a face lift, and well i think its gonna look kick ass if it follows the catalog and the site as of now.:cheers:

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
ok ok i know how has the worst wedsite. its QBP. the organization is poor and many of the items on the site are in the wrong places. i cant remember where the truvative guides are know but i know that when i was looking for them i couldn't find them anywhere. it wasn't until i stumbled apon them later looking for another part (which also was not in the right place) that i found the guide.

as for site that most people see up until recently it would have to be ridesoul.com. i love the people there but they aren't helping themselve sell there product at all

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
ok ok i know how has the worst wedsite. its QBP. the organization is poor and many of the items on the site are in the wrong places. i cant remember where the truvative guides are know but i know that when i was looking for them i couldn't find them anywhere. it wasn't until i stumbled apon them later looking for another part (which also was not in the right place) that i found the guide.
You're kidding, right?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Not naming anyone specifically, but if your website is still a "work in progress" - then don't put it out there. Would you give a customer an unfinished part/frame/bike? Probably not... then why give them only partial information?

People use your website as a resource to help them determine if they want to buy your product – if they can’t get the info, you risk losing them as a customer.

Just my $.02

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Don't let Alex hear that! That Evil site, like everything Evil, was an experiment in pushing the limits. We figured why the heck not.

New Evil site is on the way.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
oh wait, changing my vote.
Beyondbikes.com is the worst site on the planet.
It shows you products in stock (which aren't in stock), takes your money and then leaves you waiting............and waiting.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Nice, take a shot at a potential customer that was looking to your site to for info on your product?

If its not ready and you feel to the need to put it out there be prepared to have people get frustrated if it doesn't say something like "UNDER CONTRUCTION".
When I first saw it I gave up after not easily finding a way to navigate it and probably will never go back to look at it again.

Not that I would ever buy an IH after my 7./Sunday/MKII debacle, but that is neither here nor there?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Nice, take a shot at a potential customer that was looking to your site to for info on your product?
Just a rocks & glass-houses scenario. If you're gonna reference a website in yer signature that isn't updated you have to be able to take yer lumps too.

-ska todd