Quantcast

Worst thing I've seen on a ride

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
I headed out for a morning road ride sunday before going to watch the first annual crit here....after grinding up 12 miles of a 14 mile climb to Rose Valley I came upon the site of a motorcyle accident. The bullet bikers like 33 for the twisty open road. One had gone down and had apparently died immediatly because they had him in a yellow body bag, right on the side of the road. (waiting for the ME). Took the wind out of my sails......I was definitely riding more restrained on the descent....be careful out there.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I used to ride that hwy quite a bit, but I would take the bike path along side because the actual road was too gnarly. We would take the 150(?) back into carp and then back to SB. bummer for homeboy's family :(

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
As the ole bumper sticker says: "Pray for me, I drive 33"
This road attracts crotch rockets and sports cars from all over, and its WAY dangerous in parts. I hope they realize how sketchy it is.

Wow, how sad...:(

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Yeah, it's gotta be a blast on a fast m/c (it's a fun as hell descent on a road bike) but the dangers abound. I was driving out one time and they were tending to a biker that had failed to negotiate one of the tunnels, and bounced off the wall- he survived, with injuries.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I'll never forget the time I was heading up Rt 16 in NH (Highly congested 4-lane highway, main road to White Mountains/ Lakea region) and saw a mangled Road King under an overpass. It was on the southbound side, I was heading North. The start of the accident scene was ~100yds up the road. I couldn't see any victims, but the bike and how far it had slid was enough. Its strange passing something like that where you can only assume that someone died.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by Echo
There are 2 kinds of motorcycle riders.

1. Those who have wrecked.

2. Those who are going to wreck.

:(
Like mountain biking.....

According to the paper last night, the guy was 30. He had just passed his cycling buddies at a shade over 80; then his front wheel started wobbling, then swerving, then over the bars he went.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by T-Dog
Like mountain biking.....

According to the paper last night, the guy was 30. He had just passed his cycling buddies at a shade over 80; then his front wheel started wobbling, then swerving, then over the bars he went.
Too bad he didn't have a steering damper I guess.:rolleyes: