Quantcast

Worth a roadtrip in the next 2 weeks?

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So I live in Vancouver. We have awesome trails but right now said trails are under a foot of snow and it's been raining as far back as I can remember. I'm done with it.

Is it worth me rounding up some friends and making a roadtrip down your way sometime in the next two weeks to ride? Ideally I'd like to bring the downhill bike but I can pedal if needs be. What's the general condition of the trails right around now and is there anything shuttleable worth bothering with?

I used to live in Davis, and right now I'm so fed up with rain that I'd actually consider coming down without a bike just to take in the sights and drink some beers, but obviously bringing the bike is preferable.

I'd probably come for three days depending on how much I can sweet talk my boss. I can return the favour in the Summer for anyone offering guiding/sofas! :)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Yep. It's worth it. This whole week we're looking at barely-below 70-degree temps., and clear skies with light fog.

It's prime.

Now... what does next week hold in store? This I do not know.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I just got back from Auburn. I took the Nomad as I am building up the SOCOM. Which means, I haven't even pulled the parts outta their boxes.....

The trails were awesome. A wee little bit o mud/standing water but it was tacky.

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Auburn is looking PRIME, all the DH, and the XC trails. If the weather continues like it is supposed to be this week, it will be heaven!

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm already trying to twist the arms of various friends. We'll see what pans out. Auburn sounds good. I can swing by Davis after riding to see how much it's changed since '89 too...