Quantcast

would a code m.cylinder wrk wit juicy7 cal.?

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
Wondering if this set up would work okay, cant imagine it wouldnt. i heard a lot of people switched away from code levers for the new ones.
I am looking to put that on for a front brake, seems like my bikes never have matching brakes.
I have a code rear and gotta say say it is the shizzle, dumped my maguras and dont miss them at all.

NorthWest

Chimp
Feb 11, 2008
Bellingham, WA
why the hell would you ever do that? let me get this straight, you take a code master cylinder (i.e. lever) and pair it with a juicy 7 caliper. Thats just stupid. It goes the other way around, code caliper and juicy ultimate master cylinder to save weight.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
why the hell would you ever do that? let me get this straight, you take a code master cylinder (i.e. lever) and pair it with a juicy 7 caliper. Thats just stupid. It goes the other way around, code caliper and juicy ultimate master cylinder to save weight.
yes that is true. but i would guess that since everyone wants that brake set up that there is a surplus of the levers for cheap.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma

i run a code on my bike for a rear brake and love it. could care less about saving ounces, hence i ran maguras that are about the heaviest set could find.
i ditched them due to the fact i didn't like them, in the past i had a juicy 7 and lost the lever end of the brake when they came off years ago. clearing out some **** i found the old caliper and want to make use of it if i can.

it would be great if anyone had any leads on an extra front lever/master cylinder.

Last edited:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Code master cylinder (lever) pushes more fluid (larger piston dia) than the Juicy master cylinder. You'll be REDUCING your mechanical advantage. If you want a stiffer feel and weaker braking, then go for it.