Quantcast

Would you race Dalton again?

Race Dalton again?

• It's close and I know the course, I'll race it again.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 24 H.O.A. has become a joke, no way.

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
So I just got this email (as I'm sure the rest of you did)...

"

Hey Folks,

just a quick fyi, our 2006 schedule will be ready next week. There are a couple of changes and we are looking to finalize them.

trust you are all well,

Stuart"

My guess is that one of the "changes" they're making is to eliminate the Dalton race. But...if they have it next year, will you race it considering the way it was run last year?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
On one hand, it was great seeing the whole monkey gang. But on the other hand, Adrenaline really dropped the ball last year at that race and it left a bad taste. I'm leaning towards finding another event that is accessible for lots of east coast monkeys.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
As for myself, I think my team will be seeking out another event next year. Right now this 24-Hours of Big Bear is the front runner, but we may try to find another race that is later in the season and closer to home for us.

I think that after most of the 2006 schedules are out, maybe we should hold a monkey vote and see if we can get all our teams to attend the same event.

Thoughts?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
McGRP01 said:
As for myself, I think my team will be seeking out another event next year. Right now this 24-Hours of Big Bear is the front runner, but we may try to find another race that is later in the season and closer to home for us.

I think that after most of the 2006 schedules are out, maybe we should hold a monkey vote and see if we can get all our teams to attend the same event.

Thoughts?
If things work out I'll probably be at Big Bear and 7 Springs. Both are fairly close for New Yorkers.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
On one hand, it was great seeing the whole monkey gang. But on the other hand, Adrenaline really dropped the ball last year at that race and it left a bad taste. I'm leaning towards finding another event that is accessible for lots of east coast monkeys.
:stupid: Earl and I were talking about this last night. We even have babysitters lined up! :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am not opposed to traveling to a different event this year, such as Big Bear or the Burn one that Westy posted. However, I doubt everyone on our team will be able to make a trip like that and I can't make the decision for everyone. I will do whatever 4MAAB decides to do. Dalton certainly had some issues last year, but given the choice between racing Dalton or not racing at all next year, I'd choose Dalton.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
tough call.......but I really do not want to give Stuart any of my money.

I am so hoping someone besides Adrenaline will do a 24 hour race at Dalton in '06

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
tough call.......but I really do not want to give Stuart any of my money.

I am so hoping someone besides Adrenaline will do a 24 hour race at Dalton in '06
I was waiting for the "I'm Dalton Doug bitch". :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Alternate East Coast 24 Hour races.

Big Bear: June 10
7 Springs: Labor Day
Alamuchy: Aug 26
Burn: May??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
So far it looks like that one is the only one posted that will allow a five man team, other than Dalton of course.
Unfortunately it is the farthest away for you. I will say this is a great event and encourage everyone to consider it. More free energy drink than your heart can handle (if your into that kind of stuff), cheap for a 24 hour race, well organized and a really-really fun although short course. Although it has a corporate sponsor it is a grassroots type race, no schwag other than a t-shirt and no vendors.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Unfortunately it is the farthest away for you. I will say this is a great event and encourage everyone to consider it. More free energy drink than your heart can handle (if your into that kind of stuff), cheap for a 24 hour race, well organized and a really-really fun although short course. Although it has a corporate sponsor it is a grassroots type race, no schwag other than a t-shirt and no vendors.
Well if I can't do Dalton on account of a wedding, I'll definitely be looking at doing another team event. Hopefully another monkey team will have my pokey ass if Team 4MAAB is unavailable for that particular race.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
you planing solo or team?

I really want to get a real fast team together for a 24 in '06

I want to beat NAV (a local team - They won Pats Peak, my team was 2nd.....they also won Big Bear)

http://www.northatlanticvelo.org/index.asp
I'd like to do two 24's solo next year and the Burn is first on my list. The course is just perfect for a solo effort, short and fun. I'm already planning on doing a 4 person team for the Big Bear and 7 Springs. Came in second to a near pro team (visitpa.com) both races last year and we need to beat them at some point.

splat

Nam I am
Well

I want to Ride with 4MAAB again, I'm noit a Huge fan of giving Stuart $$$$. I would llike to do Biug bear , But unfortunatly My kids will still be in school at that point so I would not be able to do it. I would really like to do Pats Peak ( be it team or Solo <-- what the hell Am I thinking :eek: )

I really hope that 24Hoa drop dalton , so the dalton Boys can do there own 24hr. Because I love the location , and My family has a great time there too.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I do not want to give that asshat Stuart any of my money.

Doug - perhaps the guys that own Holiday Farm would consider putting on their own event, with help from interested parties, at the Dalton site?

You race there regularly - do you know them well enough to get as sense of what they might be planning for 2006?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
I do not want to give that asshat Stuart any of my money.

Doug - perhaps the guys that own Holiday Farm would consider putting on their own event, with help from interested parties, at the Dalton site?

You race there regularly - do you know them well enough to get as sense of what they might be planning for 2006?

there's going to be someone different running the wednesday races...I emailed a guy that I beleive will be involved yesterday (no response yet)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dalton news flash!

ok, you did not here this from me...and this info has not been verified...and its on the downlow, but word is adrenaline is out, with someone else coming in to do the 24

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
dalton news flash!

ok, you did not here this from me...and this info has not been verified...and its on the downlow, but word is adrenaline is out, with someone else coming in to do the 24
w00t!!!! :D :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
dalton news flash!

That would make I Are Baboon happy, and let's face it, that's all that really matters.

NickTheBrit

Chimp
Feb 3, 2005
Oi Chaps,

Also looking for an alternative 24 for the summer. I figure where the 4monkeybaboon combo rides is good for me...

Great Glen looking good... keep me posted.

Cheers, innit

NickTheBrit

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
dalton news flash!

Oooh baby!

I'm liking the sound of this unsubstantiated Monkey rumor! :cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
NickTheBrit said:
Oi Chaps,

Also looking for an alternative 24 for the summer. I figure where the 4monkeybaboon combo rides is good for me...

Great Glen looking good... keep me posted.

Cheers, innit

NickTheBrit
Nick - I look forward to seeing you and more than likely getting passed by you wherever we end up racing in 2006. :cool:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
At least some sort of date would be great. One more thing.....tell them to shorten that F'n hill. Or at least move the 'Your almost there' sign a little closer to the there.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
mogulskr said:
At least some sort of date would be great. One more thing.....tell them to shorten that F'n hill. Or at least move the 'Your almost there' sign a little closer to the there.

I got $20 on the hill being there this year....not enough singletrack on the lower parts o make a long enough course. I hope they go back to more singletrack on the way down (like in '04) instead of that last minute bull dozed crap we had last year

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Lots of woods surrounding that fire road. they should cut some new trail and make us ride switchbacks up the mtn.!! Oh, and leave the DH decent just like it is, it's the only place I was able to pass peolle and make up some time!! :devil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Lots of woods surrounding that fire road. they should cut some new trail and make us ride switchbacks up the mtn.!! Oh, and leave the DH decent just like it is, it's the only place I was able to pass peolle and make up some time!! :devil:
dude, are ya saying you skared to pass people on fast DH singletrack?? :devil:

the locals had a hard time finding people to help do trail work on the existing trails last spring.
Then adrenaline said they didnt need the locals help getting a course ready for the 24, and Adrenaline didnt do squat tp the trails besides put up some tape

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGRP01
Lots of woods surrounding that fire road. they should cut some new trail and make us ride switchbacks up the mtn.!! Oh, and leave the DH decent just like it is, it's the only place I was able to pass peolle and make up some time!!
:stupid:

douglas said:

the locals had a hard time finding people to help do trail work on the existing trails last spring.
Then adrenaline said they didnt need the locals help getting a course ready for the 24, and Adrenaline didnt do squat tp the trails besides put up some tape
I'm not afraid to pass people on DH singletrack, but I'm much more comfortable on technical singletrack than most XC'ers so I have to use that to my advantage over the damn climbers:sneaky: :D I don't have any other 24 hr races to compare it to, but it was the most fun I've had at a race. As long as I can hang out with friends and push myself I'm happy. Definitely count me in for at least one 24 hr this year!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
Damn, why does everything I try to say come out wrong. :confused:

DH singletrack would be great...I'd bomb that **** like al Qaeda!! :eek: