Quantcast

WOW! Canfield Jedis price lowered (ALOT)....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I was just looking through the Canfield site the jedis are now $2600 with Elka stage 5 shock!:eek:

That makes it a reasonable priced bike now!!!!! Well for what bikes cost these days and I dont know if its permanent or if thats the new price for them I havent talked to Chris or Lance to find out yet. So Ill say its probably a direct effect from the economy!!!

Ehh either way I thought it was intresting a bit shocking but intresting!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
nah... thats what they are supposed to cost for the rest of us. Chris and Lance just wanted to screw with you when you bought yours.
LOL maybe! or maybe not!;)

I was checking the geo charts to see if they updated em and I also knew Chris was talking about adjusting the price but I thought he said up when he said the price. I swear he said $3600 not $2600 and I remember telling him that was a bit too high LOL... Hmmm maybe I should clean my ears out...:thumb:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That would have solved a lot of my problems some time ago but with a frame arriving anytime (literary :/) it only makes me mad ;) Sick deal though. The price for the 09s is great too. 2050$? I remember correct?

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Good news BC

Love the Canfields especailly the Jedi, but to be fair they were always a little high imo, we have a few here rocking and they are some awesome rides but not without some teething problems in some models and sizes.

Just always thought for where they are for lack of exposure and sales units they needed to be more realistic on pricing, so great to see and them them grow, which now this should help.

Imo not saying this about Canfield either, but with many others switch to Taiwan saying they can't compete, Ive never believed this myself, I'm not anti Taiwan as my next bike probably a Banshee Spitfire! will be made in a T factory!

But its about increasing profits/margins reducing costs and possibly manufacturing larger numbers to meet demands, depending on brand, profit itself is fine, just be honest about it e.g manufacturer.

For CBs it makes sense to start up there as with others, but the costs just seemed to me out of wack with the market position! its often hard to step back from something you create, jmo though.

Some things Taiwan may do better, but some brands are now up and heading beyond the US hand made high end brands $$ wise of now and especially a few years back, that's a worry and why Ive been quite vocal about carbon bikes.

Rock on Canfield Bros though and long live the Jedi, may the force be with you :D

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Wow,I might have to buy one of these cause the canadian dollar is up too.....

Wats the warrenty on these ( I know I wont break it,just didn't see enything enywhere mentionning )

Killingtonvt

Monkey
Sep 19, 2005
Bellingham, WA
Elka... it just feels great on the bike!!! I've ridden Jedi's with Roco's, DHX's, Double Barrels and the Elka just has a nice blend of high speed stability and liveliness. PLUS thier customer service is KILLER!!!

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
I've ridden the 08 Jedi for about 2 years on a DHX 5.0 and now on a 2010 Jedi with a Elka and I definitely prefer the Elka over the DHX 5.0.

Dominator13

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
LOL Im no Bob! I put this here because I was literally surprised... Chris was pretty dead set on his pricing so it shocked me. But its a good thing so yeah no pirate stickers for me...

Too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are already a 5th of the way there! :D

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
One of my buddies just got a Jedi. Tomorrow is going to be his first time out on his. He's way excited.