Quantcast

WOW! I just pulled an "office Space"

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Just spaced out for at least 5 min... no thoughts, no attention span... just total blank :) I actually feel kind of rested.

Whats funny is that I was spacing out on the corner of my desk... just started staring at it for no reason at all. I have a head cold, I think maybe its putting pressure on my brain :drool:

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
I was just having an office space moment thinking about the noises around me:

- the buzzing "exit" sign in the hallway whenever I walk down it. Reminds me of those artsy films where a person is in a room and all you hear is the hum of a neon sign or a fan.

- a car alarm in our parking lot. Reminds me of an old Doonesbury cartoon involving a car alarm and a gun.

Good thing your day is over. Go eat some soup.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
I've actually been in an interview where one of the interviewers told me her job was to, and I quote, "take the requirements and give them to the engineers". I nearly fell over laughing.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
My Office Space moment of the month:

I used my coworker's acco to make some holes and discovered it was made by Swingline. Wow, that was some smooth acco'ing; I almost wanted to take it for myself.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
reflux said:
My Office Space moment of the month:

I used my coworker's acco to make some holes and discovered it was made by Swingline. Wow, that was some smooth acco'ing; I almost wanted to take it for myself.
Along those same lines, when I started at my current employer I had a Bostitch stapler that couldn't staple 2 sheets of paper together. I traded for a Swingline and that thing will staple anything in it's path. I love my Swingline.

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
heh. when i started at my current place of employment someone handed me some plastic stapler. i looked at it and said to the guy, order me a full-sized metal swingline. everyone thought i was an idiot for demanding it. now they all have 'em haha :D