Quantcast

wow it sucks getting hurt, but makes it that much better getting back

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i got hit by a car when i was blacked out over new years and got a haqir fracture in my shin and a tear in my ra ligament which holds your shoulder blade to your collar bone. anyways today was the first day back on the bike and it was amazing. just a little indoor skate park session. its suprising how quickly you get comfortable back on the bike with old tricks and all that jazz. sorry just wanted to say that, and some words of encouragement to those injured monkies, wait till its completely healed, the wait is worth it and the ride will be that much better

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Hells yeah I just got back on the bike after being off for a month with a jacked hip and a couple ribs from a stupid crash...I learned a long time ago not to take it for granted but each ride is just that much sweeter. :thumb:

Strakar

Monkey
Nov 17, 2001
Portugal
Congrats on the recovery man.

I still have about 7 months of recovery to go through, it's gonna be a while until I can ride again. But as you said, recover well, and savour the comeback ride :thumb:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Congrat's on coming back.

Taking riding for granted is one thing you should never, ever do. I did.
Then I got a "real" job and haven't been able to ride nearly as much as I used to. I miss it.

I still ride 2-3 days a week, but it's not the same type/quality of riding. I've had a couple of really good weekend trips that are making me re-evaluate my priorities.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
a couple of years back i took a vicious crash at speed. ending up with a dislocated shoulder, severe bruisies and three displaced vertebrea.

at the time i was 47. so recovery time and therapy were long and painful.

but the stoke to get back on a downhill bike even at my age was overwhelming. and gave me all the inspiration needed to work my ass off to get back.

words can't describe how good that first run almost six months later, felt.

about two wheel revolutions into it, all apprehension dissapeared and it was "game on".

nothing feels as good as dropping in and ripping it up.

DON'T EVER LOOSE SITE OF HOW MUCH FUN THIS SH.. IS !!!!

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
art vandelay said:
4-5 more months of recovery for me.

Aha! The hermit came out of his shell!

Art broke his femur trying a 3 off a good sized cliff while skiing in the back country. Gnarly - but at 4 weeks he's walking on it and spinning around the driveway on his dh bike. Not too shabby :cool:

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
8ish weeks before I can ride... Broke my wrist back in June, got surgery January 26th and here I am. PT is going to take forever.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
my recovery from my ACL sergury was like 2 months and im riding a ton. it is so much better when you comeback from an injury and i also feal like im riding better than ever.

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
san juan capistrano old town
i broke my collar bone on the 7th of december - got it healed up around late january was riding really hard ( dirt jumping alot ) and lone behold after a lil digging sesh we headed to the local skatepark- it was abit dusty and i was runing a race tire in the frone and sliped when going up the tranny in a big bowl - sliped threw me to the side and re broke it - im goign to be riding a week into march - TRAING FOR SEA OTTER - BETER WATCH OUT

I just had this rod taken out of the center of my tibia about 4 weeks ago. It's been a 15 month recovery since folding my tib/fib last November on the M1 and I'm still not completely back to 100%. Less than one year before the tib/fib break I compressed my L1 vetebrae and blew up my right radius and ulna on a snowboard.

Yesterday I jumped the two biggest doubles at the BMX track for the first time in quite a while, and ohhhhhhh how nice it felt to catch clean smooth tranny. As soon as I got home, I instantly ordered my plane ticket to Diablo to race this years Open. I can't wait. Injuries even make climbing on the road bike fun.