Quantcast

Wrist Brace Suggestions

Jan 27, 2007
L-Town
So I busted my wrist last october and I ended up getting some metal in my arm. I want to get a brace for racing this year, but I dont really know many companies other than sixsixone that sell stuff like that. Any suggestions?

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
i have broken my left wrist twice and my right one 3 times. unless you need a ton of support i have had extremely good luck with the fox gloves that have a wrist wrap built in(i forget the exact model) i never get sore wrists when i wear them and i almost always get sore wrists without them.

Jan 27, 2007
L-Town
My wrist actually feels alot better than I thought it would, i definitely can ride without a brace, but I dont know how bad it will hurt when I actually ride some DH again.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
So I busted my wrist last october and I ended up getting some metal in my arm. I want to get a brace for racing this year, but I dont really know many companies other than sixsixone that sell stuff like that. Any suggestions?
I've used the Fox Static Wrist Wrap gloves and they work fairly well to give support to the torn cartilage I have in my left wrist. I've also used various braces and wraps from EVS. They are coming out with a glove with a built in wrist wrap and support soon. See the link below. I'll definitely be trying these out.

http://www.evs-sports.com/products/product_details.asp?prodID=162

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Hey thanks man, those EVS gloves look nice, and not to terribly expensive.
I've also had pretty good luck using a normal glove (Fox Pawtectors usually) with this wrist wrap that EVS sells.

http://www.evs-sports.com/products/product_details.asp?prodID=52

I put the wrap on the outside rather than trying to fit it under the glove. This is also nice because if the wrap or the gloves wear out you can replace one or the other. The only thing that concerns me about the Wrister glove is if the palm of the glove gets torn beyond repair the wrist wrap is junk too.