Quantcast

WSU Urban DH Race

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
We're tossing around a couple ideas for fundraisers for our club and an urban DH here in Pullman came up. There's all kinds of possible courses we can run on WSU's campus - stairs, benches, police, even a drop or two can be worked into it.

There was a RedBull Ride here a while ago that went off smooth, so we know that something like this can be done. There was only one group in that comp that got flak from the 5-0, and even that wasn't anything more than just being told to not do any stunts.

I just wanted to get some feedback and see if anyone would be interested in racing. We'd be sure to not have it on any of the weekends of the WIM races, and the entry fee wouldn't be too expensive (my guess is nothing more than $10, all for a good cause), and hopefully we can get a sponsor or two to kick in some swag and prizes for the winners.

Let me know what you all think.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
We might be able to send some riders, depends though, being the summer quarter everyone is typically home and away from campus. Glad it looks like you can do it, our administration would NEVER allow something like that.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
rainbow_smoke said:
well ours wouldn't either...
this would be hush hush and against the forces that be
but all our riding on campus is anyways...

brave... seeing as it is organized by a university organization (your cycling team) I'd be super careful, but hey cool idea.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
i'd be down, i could stay with some freinds over there, sounds like fun.

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
brave... seeing as it is organized by a university organization (your cycling team) I'd be super careful, but hey cool idea.
Actually WSU's cycliing and dirtriders are not together. in fact they really don;t want to be involved with us. As for our on campus club status, thats it, just a club, no funding from the school, no recognition- nada. just a bunch of bikers that ride on campus.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Sounds cool. Put the ol' hookworms on the dh.
If I here you right you plan to do the race without the permission of WSU on the WSU campus and also charge people to race enter the race?
Hey, don't get me wrong. The race sounds cool but I think someone will get in trouble unless everything is all approved and legal. Not that freeride/ dh mountainbikers are a roudy bunch (yeah right!) but if you can get everything clear I'd like to make it up there (Team Mountain Cycle represent!) :thumb: