Quantcast

"%'&WTAFWEDNEADAYFATW&'%"

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, it's early, coffee is strong, garage is chilled. Plan is to drive into the crazy mountains here shortly, hike through thick Forrest and brush about four miles and be setup by 0430. Hopefully by 1400 will be working on carrying a few hundred pounds of elk meat to the truck. If so will likely have about 36 miles on foot. What the actual f$ck am I thinking

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This cold is not going to be gone by ride night tomorrow. I won't be able to test out my new lights or the new drivetrain I installed last night (with minimal fuss).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the gnashing of teeth and screams of little kids in a airport....volume on phone needs to go to 10000....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. First day of school for my school kids and my bio-kids have their first day tomorrow. Still haven't finished the construction on my classroom so I'm teaching in the cafeteria or the hall....either way I am sure the noise will be noticed and should assist with the work getting done faster :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
INTERNET, hello! lmfao

I'd like to ride my bike after work today, if the weather would be so kind, thanks. I had a hard effort run after work yesterday and most of it was into a headwind, so now my legs are hurty.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello peoples.

Stripped the trail bike down last night and cleaned/greased up all the pivots and whatnot. Something was creaking fiercely yesterday, but only under heavy pedal strokes. Hopefully MOAR grease fixed it.

I will try it now after I shower and then go riding.

Tonights group ride is up in the air due to forcasted thunderstorms. My lights are charged and ready to go, though! We've got beer and wings planned if it falls through. No complains either way....

A short trip to Nebraska today. :think:
I am very, VERY sorry to hear that!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Another gloom day here in the fine PNW. The weekend looks promising, I have some vehicle repairs to do and clear skys would help with that effort.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Morning, it's early, coffee is strong, garage is chilled. Plan is to drive into the crazy mountains here shortly, hike through thick Forrest and brush about four miles and be setup by 0430. Hopefully by 1400 will be working on carrying a few hundred pounds of elk meat to the truck. If so will likely have about 36 miles on foot. What the actual f$ck am I thinking
This is rewarding somehow, beyond getting meat for the season?

I am at work. That's about all I have to say about that!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ima go hunting at Abertsons for some pork loin, dried cherries and sage. "I bought it" probably doesn't have the emotional impact of "I shot it" but its all I got today. If only I had me some Sarah Palin....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
One benefit from stabbing your own meat is avoiding growth hormones and injections of saline; I just found out that my local supermarket now only carries industrial grade saline injected pork products. The local butcher shop will not have tenderloins until next week. Hormel is the Evil Empire. Hunting is hard.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
To answer everyone, because this gives me the most organic meat you can find.

Also the hunt itself is a rewarding feeling, and the work involved gives you a greater appreciation and respect of what you are consuming.

And no, nothing today... storm rolled in on us

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ahhh... I haven't ridden Teocalli in probably 15 years or more. How is it holding up? As I remember it was a lotta fun on the ridge proper and then an absolutely screamin' descent.
Doctor Park descent can be summarized in three parts.(after the long ride to the top)
  • Holy *&%$ I'd like my full face armour and DH bike
  • Damn, this is fun, how fast do I feel like going before I scare myself..wheeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • I'm riding Buffalo Creek kitty litter on the side of a cliff
Teocalli Ridge can be summarized by
  • Steep assed climb once you reach the singletrack, parts too steep/torn up by motos to even try near the top
  • First two thirds of the descent are great fun
  • Then you're just burning up your brakes back down to the road

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Another beautiful after work 25 mile road ride in the books. The Magicshine Eagle m2 light is really nice. on the road with the occasional car all i really needed was the spot beam on medium power. Full power out on the bike path with no other lights around was impressive. I felt at ease whipping alog in the high 30s on some of the downhills. Now I want a LED headlamp to go along with the bar mount