Quantcast

WTB 90's overbuilt downhill frame

imhardkore

Chimp
May 12, 2004
i am looking for a dh frame from the 90's. an overbuilt pig that can take a 3" rear tire. you know the one you wouldnt be caught dead on 10 years later. that beaten dog you have in the garage or basement. let me know what you have. the more beaten the better. one step away from broke is ok. i also need a fork like a monster t or stratos to go with it. let me know what you got.

imhardkore

Chimp
May 12, 2004
close. can i get a 24x3 in there?
bighits, mountain cycles, cortina, santa cruz super 8, cliff cat, rm9.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
When you don't have a 1000cc+ engine pushing your steampunk creation it's not gonna be too fun to pedal!

imhardkore

Chimp
May 12, 2004
it's got to be used so it will have war stories and character. here is my old ride .i am going for post apocalyptic steam punk. i would change the tire to my 4" endo and stud it front and rear. leather saddle and grips, skull stem and saw blade discs..etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

b16 lag

Chimp
Jul 17, 2007
london, uk
I have a 1997/8 Nicolai Outlaw, now called a Lamda ST i believe, complete with all period running gear. Bergamn upside down forks, Hope Big Un hubs, Azonic shorty etc

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
I have an old Foes DHS Tube in my basement. Similar to the one in the attached pic. This one is white and has the red anodized AC chainguide on it.
Your gonna love it!

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Attachments

imhardkore

Chimp
May 12, 2004
here is the look. tha karp apo has it. thats the crown jewel if i can get one. i am working a deal on the stratos forks because they are the right color and would fit the 4" tire i have. with the stratos i can run them low for a road warrior look.i wouldnt turn away any super monsters or bigfoots though. with these 10+ inch forks i will build it like a penny farthing monster truck.
any leads let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:

imhardkore

Chimp
May 12, 2004
i got my finger on the bay. i found most of these are being held onto for sentimental reasons now. it's like finding an old car in a barn.