Quantcast

WTB: Small DH bike

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I started getting into DH last year on a borrowed bike. Now I'm looking to buy a used DH/FR bike in decent condition. Something in the 1K-1200 price range. Any women wanting to decrease their bike stable?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
VT Mtbkr said:
I started getting into DH last year on a borrowed bike. Now I'm looking to buy a used DH/FR bike in decent condition. Something in the 1K-1200 price range. Any women wanting to decrease their bike stable?

I don't know if she's still got it, but i came accross this when looking for a firend that was thinking about doing DH. Not the greatest fork, but for as cheap as it is you can put a nicer one on and still be in buget.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.pl?db=MtbReview&website=MtbReview&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=96521&query=retrieval

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
It's not a full-on DH frame, but my small-stature girlfriend has a 2002 17" Giant AC frame with Rock Shox air shock and integrated headset for sale cheap: $225.

Normally this 6" travel frame is for all-mountain use, but she was using it for DH so we lowered the bottom shock mount 3/8" to change the head tube angle from 71 degrees to a DH-ideal 68.5 degrees with a 5" travel fork. It's in fine shape but the standover was still too tall for her (she's 5' tall) so she bought a 13" Jamis XLT frame and is selling the 17" AC frame.

I have pics if you're interested.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
VT Mtbkr said:
Thanks everyone, I'm going to buy Treesaw's Ironhorse SGS.
And congrats to her on the new edition!!!
Now that I am home from the hospital, I can get the shipping information together and you'll have a new bike soon :D Thanks for being patient with us.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
TreeSaw said:
Now that I am home from the hospital, I can get the shipping information together and you'll have a new bike soon :D Thanks for being patient with us.
No problem! Glad to hear you are doing well! As soon as you can get around to shipping is fine with me. Congrats!!

J

JRB

I heard the news that dh_girlie sold her custom painted V10 recently. I was sad.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
:eek: What?! I never thought she would part with that beauty :(
Yeah - I couldn't believe it. It became a snow board and a wake board. Sad.