THROUGH LASSEN NATIONAL PARK AND CATCH TRAVELS AND HIKERS BY
SURPRISE GIVEN THE RECENT WARM TEMPERATURES. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO
TAPER OFF THURSDAY EVENING.

:think:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My wife's aunt is thru-hiking Pacific Crest Trail. She's still further south than Lassen, but that's worrying.
Where is she currently? Is she expecting mail/packages at the different post offices/stores along the way? Maybe find some way to make sure she knows? I'd guess she's not carrying a weather radio...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Where is she currently? Is she expecting mail/packages at the different post offices/stores along the way? Maybe find some way to make sure she knows? I'd guess she's not carrying a weather radio...
She posted on FB today. She's in Belden waiting out the storm and also waiting for a new pair of boots to come in the mail. Sounded like the high country in King's Canyon was still packed in pretty good still. She's a tough lady and kicked it's ass though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
She posted on FB today. She's in Belden waiting out the storm and also waiting for a new pair of boots to come in the mail. Sounded like the high country in King's Canyon was still packed in pretty good still. She's a tough lady and kicked it's ass though.
New boots? That's going to be a rough break in period.