Quantcast

X fusion tech support?

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
Does anyone know who to speak with for the USA? I just got a metric hlr, long story short the damper is awesome, but the air spring clunks on topout. I'm looking for some insight as to how I can dampen the clunk.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
The fork is brand new. I'm hoping it's something I can remedy on my own with their guidance. It seems like it is happening when the big spring is compressed enough to engage the small stiffer spring. But we'll see what they say, if they aren't already out of the office.

92SE-R

piston slapper
Feb 5, 2004
San Diego, CA
Every single one ive seen this happen on is straight from factory brand New. After it gets warrantied it doesnt come back. I think its something to do with a problem at assembly.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
They will def hook you up. Mike is one of the main guys in tech support there and will get you dialed

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I emailed them, they are in fact at sea otter this week, so I'm waiting to hear back on a solution.
I did however do a little homework on the fork. It seems that the negative spring rate is too low for a heavier rider like myself. At 65+ psi the negative spring can't slow the shaft down enough to not clunk at the end of extension. Additionally it appears that when it clunks is is due to coil bind of the negative springs. I could shrink wrap the coils, which would dampen the noise, but it won’t increase spring rate, so I think I'll still feel a solid clunk at the end of travel.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I emailed them, they are in fact at sea otter this week, so I'm waiting to hear back on a solution.
I did however do a little homework on the fork. It seems that the negative spring rate is too low for a heavier rider like myself. At 65+ psi the negative spring can't slow the shaft down enough to not clunk at the end of extension. Additionally it appears that when it clunks is is due to coil bind of the negative springs. I could shrink wrap the coils, which would dampen the noise, but it won’t increase spring rate, so I think I'll still feel a solid clunk at the end of travel.
I've noticed my coil sprung vengenance tops out kinda hard. It's got the stiffest spring in there.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
So I did eventually get the fork sorted out. The negative springs were binding. I installed another oring inside the assembly and used some shrink tubing around the springs. The fork feels amazing now. The damper is phenomenal, and now the fork rides high in the travel, is supple up top and top out is imperceivable. I wish I could speak as well of x fusions customer service. Through this entire process they refused to acknowledge that there was ever a problem with the fork, and went so far as to blame me for running too much air pressure (despite the fact that I am running less than the recommended pressure).

spade

Chimp
Jul 17, 2020
So I did eventually get the fork sorted out. The negative springs were binding. I installed another oring inside the assembly and used some shrink tubing around the springs. The fork feels amazing now. The damper is phenomenal, and now the fork rides high in the travel, is supple up top and top out is imperceivable. I wish I could speak as well of x fusions customer service. Through this entire process they refused to acknowledge that there was ever a problem with the fork, and went so far as to blame me for running too much air pressure (despite the fact that I am running less than the recommended pressure).
Hi Man,
My Metric has heaps bad topout clunk whenever my rebound is not on its slowest setting which sucks because this rebound is ridiculous. Is their any chance you could tell me about what you did to fix yours or was it too long ago. From what I am hearing it should be as simple as shrink wrapping the negative coil however I have no idea where to install the O-Ring.

Cheers