Quantcast

X-Games Moto Best Trick Recap Video

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
I would rather see Travis crashing because he was trying too hard like daytona this year..than some freaking rich kid who is going to come in 31"st...

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Travis has to do day qualifiers just like any other racer out of the top 10 in points. At Daytona he won his qualifier. Heck, if he was able to skip the qualifier, maybee he could have not exploded trying to keep up with Ivan in the heat race. Ivan and TP pulled crazy distance on 3rd. Travis still got up and made the main out of the Semi.

TP trains for racing more than he does for freestyle. He has stated that in many interviews.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ChrisKring said:
Travis has to do day qualifiers just like any other racer out of the top 10 in points. At Daytona he won his qualifier. Heck, if he was able to skip the qualifier, maybee he could have not exploded trying to keep up with Ivan in the heat race. Ivan and TP pulled crazy distance on 3rd. Travis still got up and made the main out of the Semi.

TP trains for racing more than he does for freestyle. He has stated that in many interviews.

Well then, I am a retard.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
so you guys are saying that you're perfectly fine sitting on the sidelines at a Supercross National after your parents have mortgaged their home, worked 60+ hours a week, begged sponsorship from every source imaginable, forked out health insurance, entry fees, licensing, gas , fuel, food, etc for the last 13 years of your young life....all so that Travis can go out and beat you on pure talent knowing he has no intention of winning the race, even caring about his overall placing in the race, the series...let alone the entire season???
If you're cool with that...he's your man. Me, I'm not much for the part time guys that show up...pin it knowing they got mad money elsewhere. Pastrana isn't racing to win...he's "trying" to win. He's not there to collect every possible point he can for the series. He's not devoted to it.

I respected Palmer for a long, long time because when he came to compete...he came TO WIN! In motocross...he didn't. He came to qualify. He used his money, fame and natural talent to get to a meaningless goal? In PRO SPORTS...you race to win. In Semi-Pro, you're either racing to TURN PRO...or to avoid lines in Expert practice.

Can anybody see my perspective. Pastrana hasn't done squat in moto in 5 years...but yet some privateer that's dumped a lifetime on that shot at the main, the points, a placing...he gets trumped my a rich guy who's not acting like a PRO.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
ktmsx said:
I would rather see Travis crashing because he was trying too hard like daytona this year..than some freaking rich kid who is going to come in 31"st...
I agree it's not a sport for kids from Podunk...but I've never met a successful "rich" kid at a race. I meet guys who's parents bust their butts 6 days a week so their kid can shred on Sunday. I've not once met a kid with a trust fund at regionals..

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
bizutch said:
I agree it's not a sport for kids from Podunk...but I've never met a successful "rich" kid at a race. I meet guys who's parents bust their butts 6 days a week so their kid can shred on Sunday. I've not once met a kid with a trust fund at regionals..
You must be racing at some poor guy's MX track then. You have seen my trailer and tent setup. I look like a guy on welfare at the tracks I race at. At every local race, there are at least 3 Concept Haulers. Those are $300K+ rigs. There are more $20k+ toyhauler trailers than people without them. Most 50cc parrents are buying 3-4 bikes per year to compete. Some of these parrents hire mechanics to attend the races. So in effect, most of these kids are well off. I don't see very many kids seriously racing on clapped out bikes.

That said, there are a few kids I know that have the talent but their parrents have a hard time supporting them since they blow through a 125cc bike every 4 weeks with blown motors and broken frames. But I have offered a couple of these parrents help on getting sponsorship and they will not take it since they are too particular about the brand names of the parts and the bling factor.

Also, keep in mind that Travis races the big boy class and there aren't very many kids struggling to get into that class. Most are trying to break into the Lites class. Blame sandbaggers like MX2 World Champ Grant Langston for riding in the development class.

Do you have a problem with McGrath, Carmical, Reed, Hanson, etc with their Supercross only contracts or limited racing? Keep in mind that these are the guys pulling the outside industry sponsors in and making the sport big. These are the guys that pull in the fans.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
General Lee said:
2001 125 EAST SUPERCROSS SERIES CHAMPION
2000 ST. LOUIS SUPERCROSS 125 1ST PLACE
2000 DAYTONA SUPERCROSS 1ST PLACE
2000 EAST/ WEST SX SEASON SHOOTOUT CHAMPION
2000 3RD IN ROOKIE SX SEASON (3 WINS)
2000 AMA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
2000 NATIONAL 125 CHAMP- ROOKIE YEAR
1999 HORIZON AWARD- BEST AMATEUR MOTO-CROSS RACER

yeah, he sucks at racing. . . . .
it's always amazing how people come out of the woodwork to dis/hate him.
seeing as how he has no negative impact on any endeavor he's ever undertaken.

i figure it must be a combination of jealosy and envy at what he's able to do when he puts his mind to it.

he brings exposure to whatever he does.
and it may rub some competitors who have been paying dues in a particular activity the wrong way.
he leaves behind more than he takes.

no form of racing is cheap anymore.
from b.m.x. to F1.
the haves will dominate and the rest will be packmeat.

kind of like real life.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
ChrisKring said:

Also, keep in mind that Travis races the big boy class and there aren't very many kids struggling to get into that class. Most are trying to break into the Lites class. Blame sandbaggers like MX2 World Champ Grant Langston for riding in the development class.

Do you have a problem with McGrath, Carmical, Reed, Hanson, etc with their Supercross only contracts or limited racing? Keep in mind that these are the guys pulling the outside industry sponsors in and making the sport big. These are the guys that pull in the fans.
Like I said, the big thing with me is his reason for being there. Carmichael doesn't show up to lose. McGrath popping in for guest racing is disappointing in a sense b/c he's just off the pace but you know full well we wants the win. Not very knowledgeable about the supercross only contracts other than McGrath considering I just watched all of the above at the last 3 rounds on OLN.

Anybody know what kind of monetary background Carmichael, Windham and Bubba come from financially? I mean...McGrath showed up in a gutted tour bus, but I never found out their bank info. :D

Oh...and as for rich kids, yeah they definitely are in there. You should here DS at NoFearMx when this one moto pop orders 1 of every single item in every single color from the catalog for his grom. $10k + order!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
bizutch said:
Like I said, the big thing with me is his reason for being there. Carmichael doesn't show up to lose. McGrath popping in for guest racing is disappointing in a sense b/c he's just off the pace but you know full well we wants the win. Not very knowledgeable about the supercross only contracts other than McGrath considering I just watched all of the above at the last 3 rounds on OLN.

Anybody know what kind of monetary background Carmichael, Windham and Bubba come from financially? I mean...McGrath showed up in a gutted tour bus, but I never found out their bank info. :D

Oh...and as for rich kids, yeah they definitely are in there. You should here DS at NoFearMx when this one moto pop orders 1 of every single item in every single color from the catalog for his grom. $10k + order!

Yea, I always wanted to say that.

"i'll take one of EVERYTHING"

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
bizutch said:
Carmichael's dad worked a skilled trades job up until a few years ago. I don't think he had it too easy. Bubba sounded like they didn't have much at all. Not sure on Windham.

On the other hand, you have Hansen, Alessi, Grant, etc that seem to have whatever they wanted.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
ChrisKring said:
Carmichael's dad worked a skilled trades job up until a few years ago. I don't think he had it too easy. Bubba sounded like they didn't have much at all. Not sure on Windham.

On the other hand, you have Hansen, Alessi, Grant, etc that seem to have whatever they wanted.
I hate to say this, but there is no shortage of people who dislike Alessi and Hansen for their behavior on and off the track. I just saw a photo of Hansen sucker punching some kid at Glen Helen…

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
blt2ride said:
I hate to say this, but there is no shortage of people who dislike Alessi and Hansen for their behavior on and off the track. I just saw a photo of Hansen sucker punching some kid at Glen Helen…
Wasn't that the same kid that was screwing with Reed on an open track day?

I think Hansen is a nice kid. I met him in Pontiac last year. Didn't seem like a jackass. Although, he has been rolling in Lambos and Rolls lately so he is catching some major sh1t from people on motonews.

Alessi got a bad start with his dad putting out the "believe the hype" t-shirts. He has been solid this year. Not quite the speed of #51 but very consistant. Plus, he hasn't tried to use someone else's kill button yet. ;)

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
ChrisKring said:
Wasn't that the same kid that was screwing with Reed on an open track day?

I think Hansen is a nice kid. I met him in Pontiac last year. Didn't seem like a jackass. Although, he has been rolling in Lambos and Rolls lately so he is catching some major sh1t from people on motonews.

Alessi got a bad start with his dad putting out the "believe the hype" t-shirts. He has been solid this year. Not quite the speed of #51 but very consistant. Plus, he hasn't tried to use someone else's kill button yet. ;)
I actually don't know too much about Hansen, other than that infamous photo that has surfaced on various moto Websites. I suppose there is always more to the story than meets the eye.

You're right about Alessi...not too sure what the heck his dad was thinking.