Quantcast

X-post ride pix KACHESSE RIDGE

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
click here

Trail conditions are great no blowdown on either trail or forest road. A few patches of snow in the high section but it's off the trail, alot of mud i think from recently melted snow patches on the trail. i liked it, climb's definately tougher than Tiger Mt. but easier than Corral Pass. Descent is gnarl.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Skooks, I guess I'll just have to do it again. It seemed like such a waste of time the last time I did it. Really short overall for the drive and like "maybe" a third of the ride is trail. Yes, the top is pretty cool. But....I dunno.

And, shuttling it has got to be about the stupidest thing. The darn shuttle driver must show up about an hour after the riders get down.

Will let you know when I do it again. I guess I have to give it a second chance.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yeah, maybe I just wasn't on that day. Just didn't like it. Was wondering what all the hype was on the way home...

The trail part is fun. I even don't mind the hike a bike because the view from the saddle is worth it. But, the road toget there and the dirt road from the trailhead way darn long and the jeeper road to the powerlines where we parked was rather anti-climactic...
As I said, I should do it again. Need to go to banner forst, I've never been there either. Or, Green Mountain for that matter. But, got me a guide lined up for that ride.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Yeah, maybe I just wasn't on that day. Just didn't like it. Was wondering what all the hype was on the way home...

The trail part is fun. I even don't mind the hike a bike because the view from the saddle is worth it. But, the road toget there and the dirt road from the trailhead way darn long and the jeeper road to the powerlines where we parked was rather anti-climactic...
As I said, I should do it again. Need to go to banner forst, I've never been there either. Or, Green Mountain for that matter. But, got me a guide lined up for that ride.
Eat Cheerio's in the morning before a ride, it'll make everything seem cheerier. :dancing: :love: :p

i've ridden at Green for a few years now, and while Wildcat and Gold Creek trail were always fun, they are even more fun with the added dimension of Plummer and Tin Mine trails. And the Vista makes it all worthwhile on a clear day. You can make it more singletrack by climbing Gold Creek instead of the forest road, you're into tough climbs, you'd really like that.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
spincrazy said:
My favorite Washington area ride.....
Hey, I've heard that about St. Eddies as well....

Just goes to show ya.

BTW: This "Green Mountain" is outside Bremerton. (Ok, let's all sing along with MXPX.)

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Borneo said:
Hey, I've heard that about St. Eddies as well....

Just goes to show ya.

BTW: This "Green Mountain" is outside Bremerton. (Ok, let's all sing along with MXPX.)

Or sing along with Sir-mix-alot

"Big basketball head and a woppin' gut,

beat frieks up just to make'em f**k,

That girl's a Bremelo"