Quantcast

X0 Brakes?

Aug 2, 2010
Anyone given these a ride yet?

My Juicy 7s just died and I've got the opportunity to pick a set of these up for a reasonable price. Should I go for it?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
minus the lever's clamping design i really don't see much difference between them and the elixir CR. they use aluminum backed pads which save some weight, and the main punchline on avid's brake description is that they have the same performance as the elixirs but in a slimmed down package.

pajamas

Chimp
May 23, 2009
Rode them a couple of weeks back, felt good. Didn't much notice them actually, which I claim is a good thing.

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
I've been on these for a number of months now, and I use them for DH. In my opinion they have plenty of power. More power would be good (like the new Code brakes I've tried), but I'm happy with a little lighter brake package. It is a worth while trade off for me. Like stated above, it is a very similar brake to the Elixir, with trimmed down caliper, lever clamp and carbon lever. Just for reference, I came off Hayes Stroker Ace brakes, and these have much more power than that four piston design. The only problem with the XO brakes is you have to pay for them, but for good power with low weight, they are hard to top.