Quantcast

XC Big Bear Nationals not at Big Bear??

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Looks like they are looking for a new place. One that will accomadate DH as well. Bummer - that event was super fun last year. :(

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Hopefully the new venue, wherever it may be, won't have some thrown-together-at-the-last-minute XC cours, or any course for that matter. Southridge could be a possibility, parking may be a problem, though.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MtnbikeMike said:
Hopefully the new venue, wherever it may be, won't have some thrown-together-at-the-last-minute XC cours, or any course for that matter. Southridge could be a possibility, parking may be a problem, though.
Yah, Fontana would have like NOOO place to park. I love that course, though the backside gets a bit ghetto.

I just hope it's not lame like Sonoma.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What, that's a great place! I've done the 100 miler there. Just bring your lungs for the elevation baybeee!

Hot damn, hope you can peak for 3 weekends in a row of racing!

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Heidi said:
What, that's a great place! I've done the 100 miler there. Just bring your lungs for the elevation baybeee!

Hot damn, hope you can peak for 3 weekends in a row of racing!

I'm sure it's a great place, but my drive just went from an hour and a half to 7(!). Now I have to get a place to stay instead of drive up and back each day of racing.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MtnbikeMike said:
I'm sure it's a great place, but my drive just went from an hour and a half to 7(!). Now I have to get a place to stay instead of drive up and back each day of racing.

There are some CHEAP ass condos across the street from the "resort". They have kitchens and everything...which is a must in Brian Head because there ain't crap else to do.