Quantcast

XC Forks

Bikebro

Chimp
Apr 13, 2005
Hoping to get a Trance(4" rear) frame soon and build it up. Looking at features, weight, and price I don't see how anything beats the Reba Team. Any reason to spend more on a F100? I am a big guy at over 220 right now.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I wouldn't really look at the F Series. I've never had great luck with Fox. I really like the Rebas, though. I rode a Trance with one and it was nice and balanced. I'd recommend that.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I have a revelation with the U-turn and I can really say it's a great fork. But to be honest it may not be the best match up for that bike. My buddy has a Trance though and runs a reba on it, real nice match. I say stick with the Reba.

Lotus SE

Chimp
Nov 12, 2006
I just bought a REBA Team on Ebay (POP-Lock Adjust too).

So far its a great fork. Really adjustable, good feel. The remote lockout and compression adjustability is nice.

It has transformed my old bike. My old Judy SL were caving on logs and rocks and launching me over the bars. The REBAS are plush enough to ride up stairs withough being bounced back.

Definitely recommend them.

Got mine, barely used, on Ebay for $222.

pictures here
http://picasaweb.google.com/lotusse/TrekY3397

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
I got a Trance 2 with a Reba SL. It is sweet.

My buddy has a Revalation U-Turn on his Trek Liquid. It is basically the same thing as a Reba with more travel. His only cranks down to 115 though. That would put the Trance at a slacker geometry than the designers intended.