Quantcast

XC kicks ass

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Well at least trail riding, whatever you want to call it:rofl:
I've ridden 4 times in the past week on real deal trails, 3 of them XC rides. I've been really enjoying carrying less gear, riding for a longer period of time and even climbing:eek:
Trails I've been on lately:
Romero Canyon. A great fireroad climb that trickles into some sweet singletrack. Killer ocean views towards the top and and a very rocky, rugged route down the canyon to the car. One of my favorites.

Little Pine. This is freakin epic ride, 12 mile climb ~3,500 of climbing. 7.5 mile singletrack descent down a steep walled canyon. Do not go off the edge here, serious exposure:dead: Last ride I stacked in a mud hole on the trail:rofl:

Jesusita trail. Just rode this one yesterday. Right near the old Mission in Santa Barbara, much of the climb is pavement. The last bit is crazy steep single. The descent is a fun, but crazy one. Its overgrown with descent dropoffs hidden behind the foliage!

Summer is here baby! I'm riding my bike like crazy, its hot outside and I got poison oak every week. I'll try to snap some pics for y'all next time ;)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Sweet! I'll be up in SB this weekend hanging and riding with some friends. I've done Romero Canyon before and really enjoyed it. I'll have to ask my friends about the other two. You free to ride Saturday?

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yeah, I should be around. I was going to go to San Diego, but its too much of a pain with gas and traffic..

There's a ton of other options too. I know a lot of great singletrack in SB county.

pm me and we'll figure out the details.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
ghostrider said:
You did Little Pine recently? How were the conditions? I need to get up there before it gets too hot, if I'm not too late.
Last week. Conditions were OK. The meadow is overgrown and bombed out from horses out there in the wet months. The moonscape section got majorly fixed up, much wider and good trailbed.

Get out there early and you should be good as far as heat goes.

N

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Zark said:
Jesusita trail. Just rode this one yesterday. Right near the old Mission in Santa Barbara, much of the climb is pavement. The last bit is crazy steep single. The descent is a fun, but crazy one. Its overgrown with descent dropoffs hidden behind the foliage!
I love that trail! I used to ride it 4 or 5 times a week when I lived in SB. By far one of the best rides out there. So much fun.

I have to do the little pine trail sometime. I rock Romero, even on the surly, just ask Steve T!

The Ito

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I'm happy to have a waterbottle cage again. Camebacks are so frigging lame. After the thousands of dollars worth or parts I've destroyed so far this Dh season, I am seriously considering taking a few months off of DH racing to go hit some XC races.