Quantcast

XC on Inca Trails - Amazing MTB Trip in Peru

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
I want to share with all the community of MTBr this amazing XC trip in Peru. We have ridden on the main Inca Trail, the one that goes from Ecuador to Argentina, and also other Inca Trails like the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (just a part of it), and other Inca Trails in Cuzco. All the tour is totally legal, we didn't violate any laws or something like that. By the other way we helped poor people on our way and they recieved us with their arms wide open, giving us on the mountains some potatoes, cheese, chicha de jora and a very hard alcoholic beverage called cañazo.

We were a group of six riders: one from Chile, two from Canada, one from USA and two excellent guides from Peru. For all of us it was the best mountain bike trip of all our lives.

We started our 10 day tour in the city of Andahuaylas, crossing the landing track of the airport on our bikes! All the rides were on amazing singletracks and most of them going downhill. That was very good because the altitude makes very hard for a climbing tour. We had amazing days in Peru, having in some cases trails with more than 1,500 meters of vertical descends.

Along the Inca Trails, we found many of Inca sites, all of them amazing by its peculiar architecture and the unthinkable location.

The trails were amazing too. I think that the Incas made these trails thinking in the future and in mountain biking, eventhough they didn't knew the wheel. I think that I can be writting for hours and never finish describing the amazing of this trip, so I prefer to post some pictures of my trip. The complete photo album is on: http://community.webshots.com/user/XCTripPeru but I want to finish with some good pics of the trip.

If anyone wants more information about this tour please contact me: wayo@inkasadventures.com and I will make it a real adventure for you.

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
The article I've posted is just a sample of the type of trails and trips that a mountain biker can do in Peru.

As most of you know, Peru is crossed all the way by the highest mountain chain in the world: the Andes. We have trails that goes from the Andes to the coast and also from the Andes to the Amazon jungle.

If you're planning a MTB trip, consider Peru in your list and Inkas Adventures as your tour operator.

Visit www.inkasadventures.com/articles/xc_inca_trails_article.pdf for a complete description of the tour.