Quantcast

XM is way better than Sirius...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
XM and Sirius both suck. I ain't paying for radio even if it doesn't have commercials.

HD Radio is where its at.

Even better would be an EVDO or WiMax (802.16) carputer - get (or even broadcast your own) non-commercial Internet radio in your car/where ever you want.

Haven't bothered to look at the other radio thread.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
syadasti said:
Even better would be an EVDO or WiMax (802.16) carputer - get (or even broadcast your own) non-commercial Internet radio in your car/where ever you want.
why bother w/ even that? i've got a 20GB Karma, i already AM a self-sufficient radio station.

J

JRB

narlus said:
why bother w/ even that? i've got a 20GB Karma, i already AM a self-sufficient radio station.
I knew this would draw the radio snob out of you. :think:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
narlus said:
That is better, but if you were too lazy or forgot your mp3 player or wanted to hear some new stuff (Internet radio has much more variety than AM/FM/XM/Sirius/etc).

Occasionally I listen to NPR, but thats about it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
syadasti said:
That is better, but if you were too lazy or forgot your mp3 player or wanted to hear some new stuff (Internet radio has much more variety than AM/FM/XM/Sirius/etc).

Occasionally I listen to NPR, but thats about it.
is that really worth $60/month for EVDO?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Toshi said:
is that really worth $60/month for EVDO?
Well if they up the speed a bit I'd consider it instead of cable/DSL (if I traveled all over the US, it would definately be worthwhile). It would be nice to have your high-speed all over the country for trips.

WiMax seems more promising for wireless broadband Internet. WiMax could eventually deliver everything (Internet, TV, Radio, Land/Cell Phone), its got quite a bit of brandwidth in prototype form.