Quantcast

Xris king hubs convergence?

Jman

Chimp
Dec 9, 2006
Heya all,
Does anyone know about the possibility to convert Xris Kings hubs axle compatibility? for example:
1. Convert or adapt a standard King's 20mm front disc hub to a standard QR axle?
2. Convert or adapt a standard King's rear disk 135X10 QR hub to a 135X12 axle through? (Do X King have the 135X12 size at all???)

I know that it can be done with Hope and Hadley but what about the King?

Cheers...

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
King does not have axle upgrade/change kits. The best you can do is to buy a new axle and hub shell (with a rear hub, and keep the internals). It is not very cost effective, though. Your best bet is to sell your current King to help pay for the other one that you might need.

The good thing is that used (but in good condition, well-cared-for) King hubs/wheels are still worth something used. Out of the four King rear hubs I own, one of them was purchased used, and I will probably sell it to someone else if I want something different.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
chris king now offers a 135x12 and a 150x12mm sized hub. they finaly converted over to the dark side. ohh and i do know that they sell a qr front hub as well, but the conversion i have no clue about. hope that helps man.