Quantcast

XTR m952 chainring question

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I use these cranks on my ss however I was wondering if there is a chainring in the 32-36 tooth range that will fit on these cranks by itself. I know that is kind of poorly explained so let me explain a little bit more.

That is what the large chainring for this crankset looks like, I would like to know if there are any chainrings that have a similar center that I could use with the crankset to have a cleaner look of only one chainring. Currently I cut down the large chainring so it is less obtrusive but I still don't like the look of the arms and since I am running a larger ss chain it rubs against the big ring a bit. I found this ring
but I'm not sure if it will work as a chainring since the teeth seem very odd. Any thoughts or directions to a place that would carry something are appreciated.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Ahh think I found a couple of sites that have some, I couldn't remember to call it a spider so internet searches weren't very helpful. Thanks for the tip :thumb:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
rats i had found a site with one, however i can't remember what i searched to find it. anybody know where I can get a spider that will have a 94bcd for the outer since i already have a 5 bolt 94bcd bashguard i can use for the project.