Quantcast

xtr m960 rear derailor

I bought a m960 rear derailleur, used it for about 10 rides max, on flat ground its never been hit, I keep it clean and the bottom wheel fell off when i was riding 20 miles out into the Everglades! when it fell off the chain grabbed the back of the derailleur and twisted it into a distorted ball of painful walking!!! 20miles in the hot ass sun of florida. well my point it, should this derailleur have broke like this? or was it defective and will shimono reimburse me? are they guaranteed for this?

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Something is wrong if the bottom pulley fell off. Stock, the derailleur has locktite on the little bolt PLUS a 'c'ring circlip on the end of that little bolt to prevent it from backing out should the locktite fail. Maybe some one at the shop was messing with that derailleur before you bought it. Like some one needed pulleys and they pulled them off that derailleur and ordered spares to replace them and lost the circlip. Not hard to do. I spent a long time with a magnet in the dirt of my garage floor looking for the one I droped.