Quantcast

Ya know, Drop in ain't half bad

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
The last two weeks, I've caught the last few minutes of Drop in on TV. It's WAY better than it used to be. I bought the Season 1 DVD collection when it came out, and just could not watch it. It was terrible. I gave it away. But this season is quite watchable.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
They are on season 3 and they changed the format to be tv friendly. They also have a fairly high end cut man doing the major work. Supposedly changed a lot this season. Even released a movie of season 1 and 2 (maybe 3) but without all the social stuff, just the riding :)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I <3 Dropin but i heard season 3 is different.. I like season 2 the best but havent seen 3 so hopefully ill get it on dvd right when it comes out.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
probably for the same reason i can't watch those TV snowboarding shows...how many times can you listen to them say how 'stoked' they are....man like so amped and super knarly duuude....

snoopz666

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
now residing in kamloops
i just watched dropin thismorning, sum of the stuff they did was completely insane. Most of the show was just shore stuff, at one point, one of the guys was 13 feet up on a skinny mabey 6inches wide, it was going up and he stalled out i really thought he was goin down, but instead he took his hands off the bars!!!!!!

this season is a definant(sp) must see

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
My buddy Ryan was on this past season, he is a ripper! They are really stepping up the production and trying to take Drop In global. I met the guys who make it at the rampage last year (2003) and they are really nice guys doing it for the love not the money. It's a great concept that hasn't quite caught on outside of CAN yet.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
punkassean said:
My buddy Ryan was on this past season, he is a ripper! They are really stepping up the production and trying to take Drop In global. I met the guys who make it at the rampage last year (2003) and they are really nice guys doing it for the love not the money. It's a great concept that hasn't quite caught on outside of CAN yet.

Ryan Schnepf? Haven't seen much of him except in season 2, and since he rides with Romaniuk then hes got the skills.

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
Jared got me into biking 4-5 years ago when he lived beside me, great guy actually. But I agree, the antics on season two were pretty lame. I just want to watch biking, not listen to thoughts about biking.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I like the lifestyle footage gives a reality show dealio to it. It's not meant to be a biking movie of straight footage its meant to be a biking lifestyle show and i like that about it how it shows people the lifestyle and what we love about this sport. Jared is pimp too hes funny as hell and his style is cool.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
mobius said:
Ryan Schnepf? Haven't seen much of him except in season 2, and since he rides with Romaniuk then hes got the skills.
werd. I haven't seen any of season three yet, can you download it from pinkbike like before?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Not yet till it's ending out the season before the DVDs come out. It never worked for me anyway i lost 7 bux to season 2 not working on my mac. When i tried it on a pc it didnt work either :(