Quantcast

Ya'll so ignent

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
OK so I'm making a gross stereotype here, but why do so many rednecks and hicks vote republican? It would seem that they would stand more to gain by voting democrat.

Please enlighten me.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
OK so I'm making a gross stereotype here, but why do so many rednecks and hicks vote republican? It would seem that they would stand more to gain by voting democrat.

Please enlighten me.
Because they hate faggots, mexicans and the environment but love the jesus.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
They are largely single issue voters (Iraq, abortion, guns etc) or they vote based on whose wife is hotter, who they would rather have a beer with, or which game they hunt.

Essentially, they don't vote for a candidate out of their own self-interest, but for other reasons.

edit: Burly summed it up

edit 2: The short version is God, Guns, and Gays.

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
So what sterotype should we issue to liberals?

Smelly hippy types that want to ease their own consumerism guilt by entitling anyone who ask for money in return for no work or contribution to society other than upping the population counts with daddy's babies?

Tree huggers that follow along blindly like Hollywood sheeple, repeating everything Susan Sarandon or Michael Moore says?

Just wondering?

By the way, 40 years ago, Southern Democrats followed more closely the doctrine and philosophy of conservatism than current day Republicans do.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
The Dixiecrats were trash.

No doubt, the left can be mindless parrots like the right can, but generally the leftist parrots want to kill less people which makes their parrotyness more benign.

edit: I think it is fair to say that the Republican party's ideals of small government and low taxes have been hijacked completely, since the neocons stand for big government, low taxes, and high debt. If you are small government/low taxes, it is probably best just to vote Libertarian.

Last edited:

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
If you are small government/low taxes, it is probably best just to vote Libertarian.
And I would, or something similar myself, but the bipartisan powers that be work hard to prevent ballot access and media coverage, thereby making it (if you accept the media's spin) a wasted vote.

Unfortunately, most folks believe that the Republicans are the small government/low taxes party, even though their actions don't agree with their rhetoric. So they will instead vote for what they believe to be the lesser evil.

Well either that or it's the GGG thing. :brow:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
The Dixiecrats were trash.

No doubt, the left can be mindless parrots like the right can, but generally the leftist parrots want to kill less people which makes their parrotyness more benign.

edit: I think it is fair to say that the Republican party's ideals of small government and low taxes have been hijacked completely, since the neocons stand for big government, low taxes, and high debt. If you are small government/low taxes, it is probably best just to vote Libertarian.
I always vote librarian, chicks with glasses are hot :brows:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
All the rednecks in my neighborhood are voting Democrats. Stupid dykes.

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
are you generalizing "redneck" as country folk and all southerners? because if you are, you are dead wrong and there is a HUGE difference between country folk and "rednecks." i'll expound later if you need me to.

short version:
redneck = rebel flag flying white trash devoid of any new idea that doesn't come from generational prejudice

country folk = hard working, educated, and creative "folks" who despise reliance on the government for anything other than military protection and pride themselves in non-extravagent lifestyle. unconcerned with classism and social image they are highly suspicious of politics and others telling them how to live.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
From Russell Brand, British comedian:

He added to Rolling Stone magazine: "When an English journalist asks that question, they want me to go, 'American audiences are stupid.' But that is not what I've found. I made a documentary about Jack Kerouac a year ago, and travelling across America I met people that look like slack-jawed, gap-toothed hillbillies. I thought, 'This'll be a laugh.'

"But when I went to talk to them, they talked about Noam Chomsky, the Federal Reserve, the worthlessness of the dollar ? there was unbelievable awareness. A mistake that I will never make is to forget that there is a distinction between American foreign policy and the American people."

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Dykes: Likes noisy motorcycles, football, drinking, cursing, and hot chicks.

Sounds like a redneck to me.
Sounds like most of the guys I know, except the motorcycles...

Nah, that's not really redneck in the true term. (Remember, I got schooled on this in this forum a couple of months ago)