Yankees Pitcher Plows Plane into 'partments

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
So, does the Administration invade the Yankees now?
No, it's just like 9/11 - a Yankees pitcher hits us, so we invade the Raiders and lie to make it look like they had ties with the Yankees.

(but everyone knows that the Raiders are no longer a threat...)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Ugh, try and keep it tastefull...
why break with tradition now ?

remember, we're only talking new york city here.
if the same thing happened anywhere but there or LA,
it'd be mentioned once or twice on the news, and that'd be the end of it.

as it is now, that's all we'll hear about for days until the next gay congressman screws up.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Conspiracy theorists everywhere want to know why Yankees players were allowed to leave the country while the all other commercial flights in the area were grounded...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Conspiracy theorists everywhere want to know why Yankees players were allowed to leave the country while the all other commercial flights in the area were grounded...
I don't know that but I'm sure Steinbrenner made the accident happen to keep the Yankees in the news for one more day.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If anyone noticed, I haven't chimed in with my opinion about this.

After seeing N8's original post about the plane crash, I immediately called my parents, who still live in NYC, to check on them and if they heard about the crash.

Later, I realized my cousin lived in the Upper East Side so I called home again to check on her. She was not affected, btw.

I feel somewhat odd about all this. It upsets me that people are mocking the deaths of two people, and I wonder why I am so sensitive about it. I was in New York City during 9/11, and for months afterwards. I also lived there during the first attack on the WTC, and of course, I have many friends and family who suffered through the power blackouts, train strikes, and other disasters which have hit NY.

I can't tell anyone that they are callous, because I have been accused of that myself. But I am upset about this crash, Yankee or not.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If anyone noticed, I haven't chimed in with my opinion about this.

After seeing N8's original post about the plane crash, I immediately called my parents, who still live in NYC, to check on them and if they heard about the crash.

Later, I realized my cousin lived in the Upper East Side so I called home again to check on her. She was not affected, btw.

I feel somewhat odd about all this. It upsets me that people are mocking the deaths of two people, and I wonder why I am so sensitive about it. I was in New York City during 9/11, and for months afterwards. I also lived there during the first attack on the WTC, and of course, I have many friends and family who suffered through the power blackouts, train strikes, and other disasters which have hit NY.

I can't tell anyone that they are callous, because I have been accused of that myself. But I am upset about this crash, Yankee or not.
Gallows humour man. Too many ****ty things happen everyday, you feel bad for the people hurt/killed, laugh about it so you don't lose your mind and move on.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
sanjuro said:
it was an accident, they are everywhere. if i am upset about anything it's about the fact that the flight instructor who died will not be remembered. it is all about ledle. the instructor will simply be remembered as "that guy who was in the plane with ledle." what makes celebrities so special that their deaths require 1000x more media attention than the average guy? and ledle most likely left his family with plenty of money for them to support themselves, what about the instructor? was his family living comfortably or just scraping by? did he have a life insurance policy so that if anything happened to him his family wouldn't have to go on welfare because they can't support themselves anymore?
Gallows humour man. Too many ****ty things happen everyday, you feel bad for the people hurt/killed, laugh about it so you don't lose your mind and move on.
life happens, it's nothing new.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Somewhat ironic that the plane itself is equipped with a parachute in case something fails.

I can't help picturing a Wile E. Coyote like scene of the plane smashing into the building and then the chute quietly deploying with a "poof", and then deflating...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
it was an accident, they are everywhere. if i am upset about anything it's about the fact that the flight instructor who died will not be remembered. it is all about ledle. the instructor will simply be remembered as "that guy who was in the plane with ledle." what makes celebrities so special that their deaths require 1000x more media attention than the average guy? and ledle most likely left his family with plenty of money for them to support themselves, what about the instructor? was his family living comfortably or just scraping by? did he have a life insurance policy so that if anything happened to him his family wouldn't have to go on welfare because they can't support themselves anymore?

life happens, it's nothing new.
if the instructor were a young, pretty white girl, we'd know her name. that's another problem w/ our media. if brian peppers twin sister or a minority single mom in the hood turns up missing, nobody cares.