Quantcast

>> Yawn <<

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Dinner/beers with the wife last night. Good times we're had. Today heading north to Denver for some sort of teacher book fair thing with the wife. I don't know much about what this thing is, but the wife's teacher circle is very excited about it, plus I like books, so I'm tagging along.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Went to a comedy show with some (former) coworkers last night. Hopefully hitting the trails with the husband then off to my brother’s 40th. Lots of rain yesterday here so hopefully the trails aren’t a soggy mess.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Drank way more beer than I should have while putting the debonair spring in my “new” fork.

No puddle of oil under it this am, so I guess it went ok...

Going to spend the am with the boys at the park practicing bike riding. I’ll be bribing them with snacks and Mac-ride rides.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got pulverized by the big ass waves in the rocks on Lake Huron last night and this morning.

Water was glorious feeling though! Paddle boarded for the first time; great intro in the waves.

Last night..

This morning in 7-10 foot waves..

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wife is back. this morning she says to me: "do you want to go ride? this is your last chance..." I was wondering if it was a trick question, but i took a chance and said "yes. but only if there's time". she said "go". so i did.

trails are mint after a week of rain. the forest was so damn dry before, but they were perfect today. I went almost full endurpo for the first time today: I ditched the camel back and went with a water bottle - tube strapped to the cage - pump strapped to the side of the frame - mini saddle bag for tire levers, multi-tool, valve core remover. It was alright I guess, but not some big revelation. i chose to test it out on this route because there's a spot to refill water along the way. But there aren't many rides like that here, so I don't know how permanent this solution is. I guess I'll see how dedicated I am to it when I don a pack again. I also rode with my new helmet for the first time. Leatt DBX3 AM. it's comfy, and the sweat pads somehow manage to push the sweat off to the side. it was raining and despite the high humidity, there was no sweat drips into my lens. I'll call it a win.

great to be out for a ride the day before I travel with my two wild children...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
3 tires set up tubeless. New front tire for the megatrail, and 2 others on the now setup tubeless carbon xc wheels. No issues encountered.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Trying to start a lawnmower that hasn't run in four years. Obviously I will try a new spark plug and new gas, any other suggestions?
I would do as you mentioned plus change/check the oil and get a can of starting fluid spray. If that shit doesn’t work burn the fucker to the ground

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
101 miles done on the tri bike with wife and friends. 15.8 mph, which was a very easy-for-me effort and a whole lot of fun. Stopped for a muffin at mile 40 and a peanut butter cookie at mile 60, and a delicious and overpriced microburger post-ride.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
cut out two trees and grubbed a bunch of overgrowth. no time to ride; hope to get out tomorrow. dirt looked good.

unlike others, my MIL is great. she came for the weekend and first thing she did when i walked in the door was offer me a gin and tonic.