Quantcast

(((Yawn...)))

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Didn't take the road bike out, which was probably a wise choice. 4 months off the bike at this age was more off-putting than I expected. Rode around the neighborhood with the kids at least and got some sunshine. Then did an hour on the trainer, and got in the hot tub with the kids.

Spent some time this morning situating the workshop to refinish some patio furniture the wife snagged for cheap back in the fall. The google consensus is that teak cleaner and oil is the best option for eucalyptus wood, after a light sanding where needed. Woodworking monkeys - does this sound right?

Made a temporary 3rd work bench to work on the furniture at an ergonomically acceptable height at least, and also start reclaiming some previously used lumber to make a manual trainer.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Mr Body Massage Machine.
The Thai lady doing the massage started off seeming very considerate asking about issues to be aware of. Then she got a little more talkative (my friend in the next room could hear her). At one point it started to feel like I was being heavily marketed to for a return visit or possibly like I was being sized up for something more. She asked what I did for a living and what nationality I was, as in citizenship not ethnicity.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Didn't take the road bike out, which was probably a wise choice. 4 months off the bike at this age was more off-putting than I expected. Rode around the neighborhood with the kids at least and got some sunshine. Then did an hour on the trainer, and got in the hot tub with the kids.

Spent some time this morning situating the workshop to refinish some patio furniture the wife snagged for cheap back in the fall. The google consensus is that teak cleaner and oil is the best option for eucalyptus wood, after a light sanding where needed. Woodworking monkeys - does this sound right?

Made a temporary 3rd work bench to work on the furniture at an ergonomically acceptable height at least, and also start reclaiming some previously used lumber to make a manual trainer.
Boiled linseed oil makes for a great, durable, weather resistant finish. Just be super careful about disposing of any rags or cloths that you use to apply it, BLO is known for spontaneous combustion at low temps. Take them outside to dry, then they can be disposed of normally.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The Thai lady doing the massage started off seeming very considerate asking about issues to be aware of. Then she got a little more talkative (my friend in the next room could hear her). At one point it started to feel like I was being heavily marketed to for a return visit or possibly like I was being sized up for something more. She asked what I did for a living and what nationality I was, as in citizenship not ethnicity.
Bummer, was wondering if you had to get out of bed for the massage.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bought 2 boxes of shells. Took the 1911 and the Winchester and knocked both boxes out. Shot up everything insight. No Fucks given. Winchester 22 is the most fun gun. I haven't totally figured out the scope yet. The guy who gave me the sight still needs to set the aim for me. Campsite is wholly more enjoyable without things to take care of. Finally got somebody to take the Ford. I got it stuck in the mud one last time. I was unable to remove the Lawndeck. It will have to wait until spring. Debbies she shed gets delivered Wednesday. Shot up the recycling bin as it pissed me off. Now I need to steal a new recyling bin. Always make sure you wear eye protection when you shoot up your recycling bin. Trust me on this.